PDA

View Full Version : Not completing a carving?

lmatthews
05-05-2007, 09:02 AM
There may be info out there on this problem, but my search efforts have not revealed anything.

I designed several "fast" signs...small in size (5x18) with a short phrase and a line graphic, that is mirrored...all designed directly in Designer. (I was going to attach a sample, but can't figure out how to do a screen capture in Designer.):confused:

When carving, the machine carves the sign, but leaves off one of the graphics. Each time the graphic left off is the original, not the one that I mirrored.

Any ideas????

Lisa

lmatthews
05-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I figured out this much...the carving stops, machine says, "possible board removal, continue or abort?" Hubby didn't look at the machine before, and just thought it was finished. If I hit continue.....it will complete the carving...sometimes you have to continue at least a half dozen times. The graphic is no closer to the edge than others we have done...so not sure why it is doing this, but at least we can finish it, with some coaxing.

any thoughts?

Charles M
05-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a dirty or malfunctioning board sensor to me. Check the sensor that is under and behind the bit to see if tit is dirty. From the menu on the machine test the sensors and let us know what the readings are.

edzbaker
05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
The Board sensor is not checked (By the firmware) during the carving, only the Pressure Roller switches are checked. So, as long as the pressure remains the same on the board, I'm thinking that maby the firmware is somehow corrupted, or your using an older firmware.
Do a firmware update and see if it removes the problem.
If you have questions as how to do that, let me know.

lmatthews
05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
The sensor appears to be clean....and all sensors read 0 when the machine is powered on and checked.

Lisa

Jeff_Birt
05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
You have a pinched board sensor cable. The power to all sensors get shorted to the Z-truck and so they all go dead. Time to call CW.

lmatthews
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I think we may have figured it out.....the machine was not raising and lowering evenly. There was a lot of "play" in the rod in the bottom of the machine that connects the two gears that attach to the long "bolts" on the left and right of the machine that raise and lower the "head". The LED side is going up and down, but the other side is not following suit. The guys are at the shop now with some keepers added to the rod to see if they can take the play out of the mechanism. Will let you know how that goes.

All cables appear to be fine....no kinks, no pinches, no loose ends.

Lisa

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Yep,

That is the error I got too when I had pintched wires. The possible board removal is the computer seeing both rollers in the uncompressed mode but really still compressed. The pinched wire is causing the false reading. Pressing Start got me going a few times then naddddddda.... It took the "Big Trip" and was back in a week.... And they did the Z encoder too....

Good Luck,

AL