PDA

View Full Version : Betty Boop

eagle1
05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
This is my first attempt at 3D patterns. I have this picture in a Vinyl Cut out. Brought it into Photoshop CS, played with it a while and this is what I came up with.
Betty Boop.mpc is my first one & Betty Boop-1.mpc is my second attempt.

Not the best picture of the old gal .. carved one looks a better

eagle1

rjustice
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Eagle... I like how your depths came out very rounded and gradual... looks like your getting the hang of it for sure !

Ron

VtBlues
05-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice work! How did you get the rounding effect to the edges. What software did you do the design in originally? Again, great job!

eagle1
05-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I did the orginal line drawing with photoshop 5 or 6, been years ago .
I used betty boop on a glass etching project for a friend of mine... I have a vinyl cutter and use it for a lot of different projects, and this idea came to me this morning .....

The rounding effect on this carving was thru Photoshop CS utilizing the feather effect and then appling a lighter fill. Of course the orginal line drawing has to be broken apart to create the different reliefs. (each section of the body, ie: arms, hair, mouth, eyes.... all have to be textured) Takes a little bit of work but I think it is worth it.

(just a note.. I gave this project to a good friend of mine at work.... Every one calls her Betty Boop when they want her attention...)

VtBlues
05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats kinda what I thought. Great job though :-)

cycollins
05-04-2007, 04:23 PM
It's interesting. When viewed from a distance (as in the thumbnail) it looks like a rose or a collection of leaves. Something floral and organic. Up close you can see Betty. It's a bit of an accidental optical illusion.

cycollins