PDA

View Full Version : O-Rings on Board Sensors...

cycollins
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
...and whiskers on kittens...sorry, I was just having a Rogers and Hammerstein moment there. How many O-Rings are supposed to be on a healthy board sensor? Mine has one on the left as I look down the x-axis of the CW unit. It looks like there's another rim on the right, near the end that tapers toward the hub. Did I lose one, or is one the right number of total rubber O-Rings to have on the board sensor?

Just to recap, the board sensor is the little brass wheel that rolls as the board passes over it to tell the CW unit how far the board has progressed along the x-axis. (That is right, isn't it?)

cycollins

liquidguitars
05-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Just to recap, the board sensor is the little brass wheel that rolls as the board passes over it to tell the CW unit how far the board has progressed along the x-axis. (That is right, isn't it?)

no the board sensor is under the Z truck, the sensor looks for drop off of over 1/2 inch.
LG

cycollins
05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
... it is supposed to have at least one little rubber O-ring tire on it. It looks like there's a spot for another one, so I'm wondering if most peopel have two O-Rings or one.

cycollins

liquidguitars
05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Just one...

LG

cycollins
05-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Just for the record (and so I can speak intelligently next time), what is the little brass wheel called? And don't you dare say, "The little brass wheel."

cycollins

Kenm810
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Board Tracking sensor=brass roller left center.
It should have an O-ring captive and be springy up-down.

Charles M
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know if it has an official name but believe it would be the X position sensor (and board odometer?).

Edit: Ken beat me to it with a real name. Drat!!

Kenm810
05-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Yup I did :p :D

MarkJamesDesign
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry Cy, but Me, Myself & I call it the little brass wheel when conversing with one another.