PDA

View Full Version : Lithophanes

cooldxx
05-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I made some other Lithos for practice. Brought them home and my wife was mad at me coz I am making lithos of only good looking girls. Now I am surrounded by goodlooking girls. Life is good. Enjoy while you can.

Lithos made on Bone and White Corian 6x8. It took roughly about 1 hour to complete. I made them at my work on a CNC Router.

If anyone have any questions please ask. I will try to help. Still thinking to buy a carvewright machine to do Lithos at home.

benluz
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I made some other Lithos for practice. Brought them home and my wife was mad at me coz I am making lithos of only good looking girls. Now I am surrounded by goodlooking girls. Life is good. Enjoy while you can.

Lithos made on Bone and White Corian 6x8. It took roughly about 1 hour to complete. I made them at my work on a CNC Router.

If anyone have any questions please ask. I will try to help. Still thinking to buy a carvewright machine to do Lithos at home.

Yes...I have a question, can you email the full color version of the girls ?...
lol...just kidding.
Ben

cooldxx
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh no They all mine. Just Kidding. Sure I can Why not.

pamjmayo
05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi, well this afternoon I carved my first corian. I got a Z error so I got shut down but in the meantime, I do have a few questions. When the carving begins a couple inches from the end, the depth of the carving cuts it off. I thought I was only to leave .02 or .03 so I set it at .22 depth. Wrong? Right? I wish it could have finished but I know I did something wrong to have the piece cut off.

Thanks,

Pam

HillBilly
05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Pamjmyo,

I think the depth of .22 might be a bit deep if the Corian is only about a quarter inch thick (0.250). Carving that deep will not leave much room for errors in the cut depth. ( I bit through some awhile back cutting really close to the other side.)

Using the 1/4 inch Corian I have been carving mine at mostly about 1/8 (0.125) inch or less, with a height of usally about 65 or so. With the sled you are using, are you making sure it is staying under the rollers ?

Here is one I did from an old photograph of my father taken in Havana, Cuba in around 1953 that I scanned. I`m going to be shipping it out to my mother soon.

upcedar
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
very-very good, that's some good work, I like to see them litho's with Kitty's also, sharp. Do you make light boxes for them too? Rick

HillBilly
05-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I`m working on a design or two that I hope to get finalized soon. You can check a couple of the ideas a few have had in this thread (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3238) in the "Gallery", as well as a few others to see some of the ideas that have been suggested so far.

pamjmayo
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Hillbilly, Thank you for the depth info. My machine has not been working since I tried it. The carving went right into the sled and carved out my sled. Do you think this had something to do with the Z error that I can't get resolved. Your mother is going to love that picture.

Pam

HillBilly
05-07-2007, 02:33 AM
You`r more then welcome pamjmayo,

That`s exactly what happen when I tried to carve a bit deeper then I should have. I`ve since learned, it`s not nice to try and fool "mother physics"...LOL

Hang in there and don`t give up just yet, we`s still got a ways to go with all this.

I`ve got more pic`s coming I hope to do for Mom, by the way.