PDA

View Full Version : Abort Project 1) Yes 2) No

Cliff
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Wierd; while do a small 5 min project of a simple box route 1/8 inch deep with cut-out, after changing out the router bit for the cutting bit it posted this message after measuring the cutting bit. Pressed 2) enter and it finished the project with no problems or flaws.

Cliff

Sarge
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Cliff,
Sounds like a loose plug or broken wire somewhere. I haven't actually heard of anyone else having the same one.

pamjmayo
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I've been trying to take care of errors of all kinds since I changed out my flex shaft. It's pretty obvious to me that I am way over my head. The Z axis errors are so vague that I have spent two days going through the PDF's and Sarge's cheat sheets. Here's my question. I'd like more of everybody's imput. With my severe lack of technical experience, should I (a) send it to Sears and get my money back or (b) Send it to CC and get a new one or (c) wait two more years until they act like my Table Saw and various other power tools.

Very Discouraged

Pam

Jeff_Birt
05-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Pam, I had LOTS of problems with my first machine and have had ZERO with the second. I chose to return my machine to Sears and order another. At the time CW seemed to be taking about 3-4 weeks to repair adn return machines and I was about to run out my 90 day NQA return to Sears, so I chose the exchange route. In the end it took three weeks to get my new machine so it would have been a wash. I knew my returned machine would find it's way down to LHR for a tune up anyhow.

Now, from all reports CW has the repair/return cycle soen to about a week, and they will even send you a free shipping lable so someone will come to your house to pick up the machine. I have also heard that they are replacing the components with known problems and doing an extensive check on all machines that come in for repair.

Now if I were to do it all over again, I would opt to send it into the CW folks. This way they will take care of all known issues and install updated parts.

edzbaker
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
If you are within the 90 day Sears Replacment or Refund warranty, take it back and get a new one.

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes, my "Big Trip" machine was in there building only one day from delivery reciept and phone call to say it was done and they did the Z encoder too. They asked as I cut my cover for dust collection if I wanted a new cover.... No but THANK YOU !!!!

1 week turn around!!!!!

Good Job LHR !!!!

AL

rjp736
05-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I have to agree with Jeff Birt. Let Carvewright fix it. My machine is on it's way to CW for repairs and they did tell me that there are known problems and they fix ALL known problems when you send it in. If you take it back to Sears for an exchange, who's to say you don't get a machine with the same problem?

After dealing with CW over the phone (Chris Cupp) I learned that they want to get your machine up and running better than ever just like you expect. I've been through the pains of breakdowns and hung in there and have been very frustrated but believe CW is commited to getting this thing right.

pamjmayo
05-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your opinion. I'll send it in for repair. Do I call CarveWright and get their shipping slip? Do I pay for the shipping? I love this hobby and really want it to work. I sure appreciate all you guys and gals for everything you have all done to try to get me through this. Pam

Semper Fi
05-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Pam, I replied to your other post, but here it is again.... they send you a prepaid FEDEX shipping label via email and then you call FEDEX for a pickup. Easy as that.

Ernie

pamjmayo
05-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Semper Fi...Thanks for the response. This sounds easy and bo, am I ready for easy!!!!y

liquidguitars
05-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I have to agree with Jeff Birt. Let Carvewright fix it. My machine is on it's way to CW for repairs and they did tell me that there are known problems and they fix ALL known problems when you send it in. If you take it back to Sears for an exchange, who's to say you don't get a machine with the same problem?

My unit works way better after the rebuild so yes I agree :cool:
LG