PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Problem

randygeorge
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Just got my machine back from CW, while working on the 2nd project, i get the Z axis Stall error 246. now the machine won't get past measuring.

This machine is getting on my last nerve, NOT TO MENTION ALL OF THE WOOD THIS MACHINE HAS WASTED. with all of the problems i have been having, especially with the machine stopping in the middle of a project with an unrecoverable error, the machine has wasted over $125.00 in OAK!!

please help

rjp736
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I feel your pain. My machine is getting sent to CW for repairs. Hope you get your problem(s) worked out.

Sarge
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I understand your anguish. Have you tried to trouble-shoot the issue? I compiled a cheat sheet from alot of those who have found fixes for the different ailments. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2906

If you blow a tire and ruin a nice set of rims and your front end, you wouldn't give up on the car. The machine is just like anything else mechanical or electrical. It can, and probably will have issues. Some you can fix yourself, some ya gotta take it back to the mechanic to fix.

RBeau1954
05-03-2007, 02:42 AM
I am not on my home computer so I cannot unzip your cheat sheet so I am not sure this fix is in there. I had the same z axis failure and the bit would dig right into the project and eventually go right through it. I talked with Omar and an Engineer at CW and there are some z axis boards that had some bad solder joints. They have a new z axis pack they are shipping out to me and I know there is a pdf with the instructions on how to change it out. I was 2hrs into a 3hr project on some beautiful Walnut when it dug right through the board. Fortunately for me, I have about 750 bd ft of Walnut in my shed that I got for less then $1.00 a ft. Sarge, how do I right this up so you can add to the cheat sheet.

Rick (the other Rick)