PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the moderators

RC Woodworks
05-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I have been reading several of the post and how Jeff and Paul have been showing more tolerance for some of our frustration. I thank you for that, I know I started off on the wrong foot when I first joined the forum! Partly not being known and being taken the wrong way. Instead of trying to correct it I let anger take over and I only made things worst.

I decided it not worth it and it isn't all Jeff and Paul, well it is all Paul!!! Just joking :) Anyway it was me too, I also realized our moderators are frustrated too. But after a few long PMs I asked if a little more tolerance can be shown and it has. I might suggest still a little less insults by calling other whiners! We need to take a close look to see is it whinning or frustration. Of course if the same member is continually remarking over and over the same issue.......whinning!

Again thank you, the forum has been enjoyable and educational. Venting is good for the soul and it also good to encourage and to be encouraged. From the moderators point of view, not venting to the point it makes even one other member miserable!

Also as members we need to have tolerance for other members post. I promise I will try!

Rick

Hawg_man
05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I have been reading several of the post and how Jeff and Paul have been showing more tolerance for some of our frustration. I thank you for that, I know I started off on the wrong foot when I first joined the forum! Partly not being known and being taken the wrong way. Instead of trying to correct it I let anger take over and I only made things worst.

I decided it not worth it and it isn't all Jeff and Paul, well it is all Paul!!! Just joking :) Anyway it was me too, I also realized our moderators are frustrated too. But after a few long PMs I asked if a little more tolerance can be shown and it has. I might suggest still a little less insults by calling other whiners! We need to take a close look to see is it whinning or frustration. Of course if the same member is continually remarking over and over the same issue.......whinning!

Again thank you, the forum has been enjoyable and educational. Venting is good for the soul and it also good to encourage and to be encouraged. From the moderators point of view, not venting to the point it makes even one other member miserable!

Also as members we need to have tolerance for other members post. I promise I will try!

Rick

Welcome back R.C.......well said. We all want a forum which is both tolerant and informative as I've learned a great deal since joining this site. I've been fortunate that my machine has performed for over 75 hrs and 30 projects with only a frayed traction belt.........hope I haven't jinxed myself.
I've been around NC/CNC metal cutting machines since 1973 and will say for the money CarveWright is a great little machine and if in the right hands will perform well. I think a lot of people bought with expectations far beyond what this little beauty was intended for. Having said that I will continue to help others and also learn from our forum friends. I think it is a great site. thanks again for our moderators.

Bob
Retired and loving life..........

MarkJamesDesign
05-01-2007, 09:17 PM
My machine works so perfectly...I hope I don't get banned for being an agitator. Just trying to speak positive about the CC and all. I really am going to get in trouble with Jeff for rehashing old issues, but I just want to emphasize to those dozens of lurkers who are reading these posts as I was trying to decide if this was a good buy....I have nothing but positive results from my machine and it does exactly what I expected. People who are content with their product (unless they are emotionally scarred and crave attention like myself) would be carving 24/7 and not paying mind to such drivel.The folks on this forum with problems represent a small....yes I said it....a very small minority of owners with problems. Somewhere in the 5 percent to negligible area. Sorry folks but in the grand scheme of things...by any other corporate standards you would be considered negligible. We should feel privledged that LHR cares enough to give us the support that they extend.

pkunk
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Here I go again, opening my big mouth. I hope this doesn't get me banned, but I think that if the moderators have a "whiner" on their hands, the place to address it is in a pm to the offender, not on the public forum.

JMTC,
Ernie
Hey Ernie, not that it's any of your business, but we usually do have something to say to them in a PM first. It's the ones who bring it to the forum and won't let go that get chastised. I didn't PM you on this because I think everyone should read it and lets let it all go quiet. OK?

DDV
05-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by RC Woodworks
>I know I started off on the wrong foot when I first joined the forum! Partly not being known and being taken the wrong way. Instead of trying to correct it I let anger take over and I only made things worst.<

I did the same thing myself. Except I got an message from the "Bard". Every forum has its moderators, I'm just happy its someone else and not me.

I'm sure I don't need to post this as I sure everybody already knows this. That behind every "whiner" is a ($ 1,800.00 CC/CW that isn't working). I'm sure CW is better off having someplace for people to vent. Like it or not it's better for unhappy customers to "Whine" here, then to be part of a class action down the road.

Look at it this way. I bought a machine off e-bay. It's my baby all the way. I don't have to wonder anything about warranty's. I didn't have one from the start. The people at CW didn't even know what to charge me for the parts and it took three phone calls and a week to find out. After I fixed the machine I was wondering "Why did the person send it back" So far, no problem!! But, everytime is stops, I wonder if the carving is done or ??? So I sneek up to it and read the screen.

This machine will not go back to Texas for repair. I may "Whine" at everybody here for help fixing it. If that don't work, me, the CC and a six-pack will have a party with a big bonfire and I won't be roasting hot dogs.

Smile: "Life is to short"

DDV