PDA

View Full Version : Fish Hook Pattern

eagle1
05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Here is the fish hook pattern That I used to make the Eagle Claw boards.
1) One pattern has a carved region (for the hole in the hook) on it. Due to the size of the pattern, I was unable to cut the fish hook body out, then the hole, too much vibration. (fish hook.ptn) When complete just remove the wood from the hole carve.

2. The next set for the fish hook is two patterns:
1st carve the hole (fish hook hole.ptn)
2nd carve the body (fish hook body.ptn)

Doing it this way removes the wood from the hole, but be careful, due to the size of the cut, the wood will come out of the hole just as it is finishing the cut.... when the hole is finished cutting, you will have to remove the wood from the project..... you don't want to break a bit or something.

rjp736
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the MPC's

Charles M
05-01-2007, 03:00 PM
That's pretty cool. Did you try Carve Region and setting the depth to cut all the way through? Seems to me that you could select the 1/8" bit for the carve and it would cut out all of the hole then it would Cut Path around the shape. No need to reload the board that way. If you tried it let me know how it worked because it will be helpful to know on some upcoming projects I am doing with similar delicate cut outs.

benluz
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Here is the fish hook pattern That I used to make the Eagle Claw boards.
1) One pattern has a carved region (for the hole in the hook) on it. Due to the size of the pattern, I was unable to cut the fish hook body out, then the hole, too much vibration. (fish hook.ptn) When complete just remove the wood from the hole carve.

2. The next set for the fish hook is two patterns:
1st carve the hole (fish hook hole.ptn)
2nd carve the body (fish hook body.ptn)

Doing it this way removes the wood from the hole, but be careful, due to the size of the cut, the wood will come out of the hole just as it is finishing the cut.... when the hole is finished cutting, you will have to remove the wood from the project..... you don't want to break a bit or something.

Thanks for posting that,I have a cousin in West va.who raises trout ,he is know as the "Trout King" in his neck of the woods ,he has been featured in field and stream ,Basspro shops and some of the lure makers have videoed his operation and given him prototype lures to try,He run a outfitting service in the Hills of W.Va. and also own the smoke hole caverns.May be I'll make him a sign as a present.