PDA

View Full Version : Vector art 3D

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I received my order, the animal bundle from Vector Art 3D last week. In the CD it came with all the formats. Then I bought 12 more patterns and I didn't realize until after it only came in one format. The format I choose would work with my ShopBot, but not my CC.

Prior to buying anything I called James Booth at Vector Art. What a great guy he told me if I had any problems to call him. Well I was having trouble viewing any of the patterns other then ptn.

So I did what most men don't, I read the instructions! I needed the Vector Art mechanic viewer. I think it is called that. I downloaded it and it I realized now it doesn't work with the CC. I e-mailed James while I was trying to figure all this out.

He was away for the weekend and still e-mailed me. He told me since I did not realize only the CD packs come with all the formats. He would send me the ptn. for all 12 I purchased.

What a great company, there are a few vector pattern companies. None like Vector Art 3D.

Rick

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
That's cool that you will be able to use the same patterns on both machines. Sounds like another vote for Vector Art 3D!

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
That's correct Jeff, when you order the bundles you get all the formats. When you order them one at time you get only one format. However if you order ptn. patterns for the CC. Vector Art gives a discount for styles A,B,C.

If you have 2 CNC then if you order over the net you need to buy each format. I hope they will change that. I really appreciate James Booth giving me the ptn. format also. Otherwise it would have cost another $150.00 for the same images.

I can always use the CC designer with the j-peg of the images I bought. But it will not look as good. Yes Vector Art Rocks!

Rick

HandTurnedMaple
04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Yep, James will always come to bat for his customers. He's one of the good ones.

Bill
05-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Yep, James will always come to bat for his customers. He's one of the good ones.

James has helped me out also he always goes the extra mile for his customers his company http://www.vectorart3d.com/ and LHR excellent http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dubliner
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I've met James, he's a hell of a nice guy, even if he is English :-)

HandTurnedMaple
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh no, he's English? I thought he was just Canadian, which is almost tolerable.

Greybeard
05-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Ere, ere, wos all this then ? Fergetting oos wachin, ainch yer.

John

JamesB
05-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words, we do stand behind our products and try to treat customers like we would want to be treated, its nice to know that it gets noticed.

With regard to where I am from, I am officially a citizen of Canada and the UK but thats probably worse than just being just one or the other though ;)

Cheers, James

PS - Neville (Dubliner) see you in San Mateo...