PDA

View Full Version : A Birthday wish for a friend...

rjustice
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I finally took the time to get my camera out and take a picture... Hard to tear myself away from the machine you know.... anyway here is a project that a friend of my wife's had me carve for her husband's birthday... she was pleased...

Could anyone tell me an easy way to get the best photo resolution and hit the file size that will upload to the forum??? I messed around with it for about 15 minutes to get it to upload, and i know that i have seen other photos with much better resolution than what i was able to send.... My original file size was about 2 Mb.

Ron

forqnc
05-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Nice Carving.

For posting pics I use Infraview (free download) to resize. I open the original picture, change image to 800 x 600 pixels, then goto file/save as. In the window that pops up select, JPG, then click the options button and decrease the slider, I try 50% to see how small it saves it as. Under 97Kb is what the forum requires for JPG. If 50% didn't work reduce to 25%. I have found this does not decrease picture quality to much for posting, but when you click the thumbnail, you get a decent size pic to view.
Hope this helps.

pastime106
05-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Ron, I use photoshop CS2 a lot for web design and file size is always an issue on web pages. I have found the quickest way to reduce a file size is to open the image in photoshop then click the "FILE" tab in the upper left corner, scroll down about half way and choose "Save for the web" a second screen will pop up and you can see the file size for each picture listed at the bottom of each. The pictures have a diminished quality as the file size is reduced, but should be well within the range of file size and quality that I think you might be looking for. I am not sure if this is the same process in other versions of Photoshop or photoshop elements, but it works great in CS2.
Tom