PDA

View Full Version : First Show for my CC

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Last Saturday 4-28-07, I used my CC for my first event of the year. Susanville, my home town had a Home and Garden show. Although the event went well I only did a little business. However the signs I did make I made with the CC and things went well. I did learn when I have a busy day I will not be able to do all my signs with the CC. This is only because of the speed of the machine. It will be a great help with my bigger ranch signs I give myself more time to finish. The CC will also be good for the customers who are willing to pick up their signs the next day.

My local Sears owner was next to me and I offered to set up my CC so that others could see it operate. But I found out he will not sell the CC in his store per his district manager. This is based on all the previous problems I had with my first 3 machines.

I did talk him into checking out my CC while it operated. He seemed to be impressed with it. Yet I could not change he knew I had to send in my 4th unit in for repair. He asked me since it came back from repair was it fixed? Well I had to tell him I still had a problem with a RPM sensor. Which is now the cut motor.

I hope this isn't happening at other Sears stores. I wish I could tell my Sears owner all the issues with the CC are resolved. One day I hope, I did tell him I wasn't willing to give up yet. I showed him what the machine can do. So maybe he will consider selling them again?

I look forward to my up coming fairs and being able to use the CC to help lighting my work load. My Shopbot will be used for my commercial signs.

Well I will keep you updated how the CC performs at the future fairs

Rick

meat
04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
ShopBot you say..?

Have you been to their forum? All kinds of helpful posts, camaraderie and community over there! Found some good info on the CW machine and Corian there, too!

Your pal,
Meat.

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2007, 10:00 PM
They do have a nice forum. Good layout of catagories, extensive archived troubleshooting section and similar fourm rules of conduct.

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes I look forward to getting my ShopBot! But it won't fit in my 7' by 12' portable shop! So my CC helper is the right size!

Rick

meat
04-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Yes I look forward to getting my ShopBot! But it won't fit in my 7' by 12' portable shop! So my CC helper is the right size!

Dude ... is IS your portable shop! Wheels and a trailer hitch and you're ready to roll! :D

And did I mention their forum? The help you get from the actual guy who started the whole thing, the mods and the members is pretty impressive! And the posts? They stay up when you make them!

Your pal,
Meat.

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
My portable shop has all that and an A/C too. Plus a fridge, microwave and TV!!! Oh and a CC!!!

Dennis Perry
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
RC great work!!!!!

Dennis

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Why thank you Dennis!!!

Rick

Bill
05-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Rick,
What do you use for power.

benluz
05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Dilithium crystals work well for power,but can be hard to find.
Ben

benluz
05-01-2007, 06:43 AM

Rick

Rick to bad you cannot convert the shopbot to a vertical router for in the portable shop...it might can converted easily since the frame bolts together,night me worth talking to them about.One company markets their router as a vertical space saver router....just a thought.
Ben

Kenm810
05-01-2007, 07:08 AM
How about Methane and Hot Air, most of us Chippers are full of both! :p

RC Woodworks
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Rick,
What do you use for power.

Oh Bill how I can be such a smarty pants!!!! But I promised to be good!!! LOL

Sorry Bill, It has a 220 50 amps power box inside the shop. It is set up like a RV with the exception of the 50 amp breaker box. In the bos I have 6 20 amp breakers. At the fairs I try to plug into a 50 amp plug, but I can get by with a 30 amp.

At home I need to reduce it to a 110 since I have not put in a 220 plug in yet. I get by because I am the only one drawing power. At the fairs you have 5-6 other vendors using power also. I often kick the breakers! So I bought a power boaster box. It protects my shop from low voltage and power surges. It better for the $650.00 I paid for it! It is designed for RV.

When I ordered the shop I had it come pre wired. Plus with the 3' by 6' window. I wish I knew about a shop that Interstate trailers makes that is lower to the ground. And it has windows all around. This trailer is tall and in a way is good. That keeps people from leaning on the shop trying to look in!

I do have 4 stabilizer jacks that helps leveling it and from being rocked. I replaced the power vent with a RV A/C. That box is an oven and I need to insulate the ceiling this years. Last season I put on the sealer used on RV to reduce heat on the roof. But it only helped a little.

I have a new used A/C to replace the old one. It keeps freezing up, I guess it didn't help I was being stupid! I tried using 2 ladders and with the help of my Son. We attempted to walk this heavy unit up the ladders and towards the top my ladder went over. I fell and the A/C landed on me! As I laid on the ground in pain I looked at my truck. Thinking I could park next to the shop and step on the rail and lift the unit up to the shop roof. That is what we did!!

The good thing is the A/C also has a heater so when I go to some fairs and the weather turns bad and cold I kick on the heater! Then turn the TV on go to the fridge get a cold drink and some food heat it up in the microwave and kick back! Unless I am busy then I make some signs!!!

Bill, I know that is more info then you asked for!!!

Rick

RC Woodworks
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Rick to bad you cannot convert the shopbot to a vertical router for in the portable shop...it might can converted easily since the frame bolts together,night me worth talking to them about.One company markets their router as a vertical space saver router....just a thought.
Ben

Ben, ShopBot does offer a portable unit. But it weighs 300 lbs and my portable shop weighs close to 4000 lbs now. I pull it with my 2005 29 foot Dutchman motorhome. It does have a V-10 and the tow haul transmission, but I really don't want to push it limits.

We bought it new last year, the last 2005 they had. If this year my fairs don't start paying off then my motorhome will be pulling a new boat!!! Plus I will save on auto insurance, commercial insurance on a new motorhome is expensive!

Ben, go to www.shopbottools.com and you can see all their models. Another thing to the weigh issue is the smaller ShopBot cost about $4000,00 plus the cost of the accessories.

Rick

Bill
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Sorry Bill, It has a 220 50 amps power box inside the shop. It is set up like a RV with the exception of the 50 amp breaker box. In the bos I have 6 20 amp breakers. At the fairs I try to plug into a 50 amp plug, but I can get by with a 30 amp.

This is what I was wondering about (Power) if your unit was self contained or not.
Thanks Bill.

Gman_Ind
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM
ShopBot you say..?

Have you been to their forum? All kinds of helpful posts, camaraderie and community over there! Found some good info on the CW machine and Corian there, too!

Your pal,
Meat.
I saw Meat sticking up for the CW on a CNC machines forum, (not he shopbot forum). way to go! Some people were spouting off when they had no clue what these machines are capable of.
I would like the machines to be a bit more capable but most of what I hope for can be done with software changes. Like a no climb cut option.

I really think Ricks dedication despite going through 4.5 machines is commendable and makes think my occasional error or suck sensor is small potatoes.

RC Woodworks
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Wow this is cool I am at my show a 6 hour drive from my house. I turned on my laptop and picked up a wireless signal from the fair office. I will be able to check in you guys!!!

Rick

Dan-Woodman
05-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey RC
Glad you can be on line at the show, hope your making lots of sawdust.

I just got my machine back tues. after being gone to Texas for 3 weeks.
Done a couple of projects all is fine , except of cource for the dreded
Check Cut Motor alert.
The first time it did it was after one operation and before it started the second with the same bit.
Let the sawdust fly.

benluz
05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Ben, ShopBot does offer a portable unit. But it weighs 300 lbs and my portable shop weighs close to 4000 lbs now. I pull it with my 2005 29 foot Dutchman motorhome. It does have a V-10 and the tow haul transmission, but I really don't want to push it limits.

We bought it new last year, the last 2005 they had. If this year my fairs don't start paying off then my motorhome will be pulling a new boat!!! Plus I will save on auto insurance, commercial insurance on a new motorhome is expensive!

Ben, go to www.shopbottools.com and you can see all their models. Another thing to the weigh issue is the smaller ShopBot cost about $4000,00 plus the cost of the accessories.

Rick

remember Rick ...I all ready ordered the shopsabre with tool changer and 4th axis and a alot of other stuff I should not have bought...lol,but it will pay for itself in a year .I have the software now...trying to learn all of that for cabinet production,redoing the shop with external dust system,new dry kiln.I have my hands full at the moment.
Ben

Bill
05-08-2007, 06:53 PM
here is a used Shopbot 4x 8 table, $4800.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320110637881&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

RC Woodworks
05-09-2007, 02:33 AM
here is a used Shopbot 4x 8 table, $4800.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320110637881&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

Too late Bill I already paid for a new one ! But thank you though1

RICK