PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut motor update

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I replaced my RPM sensor today. This is the second one, plus the one CW replaced. Plug it in and a close cover issue popped up! UGH!!!!!!!!!! :( So I tried removing the small ribbon cable behind the cutting head. Nope didn't work.

So scratching my head, I back tracked my action. It popped up when I replaced the new sensor. So I put the old sensor back on the error went away. So I started my project and it started up again, close cover. This time it also said to press enter. So I did and it ran a second and stopped. Close cover press enter. I did this 4 or 5 times.

I then called CW and asked for Omar, since he knew what was going on with my CC. Not to mention I think he is one of the better tech if not the best! I let him know what was going on and he had me tighten up the cover switches screws. He never heard of any relation between the RPM sensor and the close cover issue.

So I tighten the screws and that seemed to take care of it. So I put in the new RPM sensor still no close cover. But I did get a check cut motor, so I am being sent a new cut motor.

If anyone else has an issue like I had please let me know. I am sure Omar is correct, that the Rpm sensor has nothing to do with the close cover. It would be interesting if this has happen to anyone else.

Rick

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Good information Rick. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Semper Fi
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
The way I understand it, the cover switches are in series with the cutting motor circuit............. so if the switch was momentarily breaking and making, the motor would lose power when it (the switch) was open and thus slow down. Make sense?

Ernie

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Only the rear (away from keypad) cover switch is in series with the cut motor, the front just runs to the controller to tell it if the cover is open.

RC Woodworks
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
You know I have mentioned a few times to CW. I can open and close the cover about 4-5 times and it will power the motor for a second. But this time I tighten the cover switches screws and removed the ribbon cable behind the cut head and my cover switch worked again.

That is why I asked if anyone else has had a simular incident when changing the RPM sensor? I really think CW is learning as we go and so are we!

Rick

forqnc
05-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the updates RC. Unfortunately some of us have to work away from home, so I only get a couple of hours an evening to play. Threads like this will be a great troubleshooting guide if I should have problems in the future. Oh and I still have the CCM :(

Bill
05-01-2007, 07:39 AM
hi Rick,

Well Rick mine started last week with the "Check Cut Motor" and press enter it would start it has done this several times and would run but then you could hear the RPM in creese and decrease. (Has new RPM sensor)

Now in the "Y" axes while carving almost stalls out but the cut motor does not slow down then the "Y" axes then picks back up to normal speed. Now when I start a new project and it measures the board then select No to stay under rollers it measures the board in the "Y" position and in the "X" just about stops for about 15 seconds just creeps along then picks up to the normal speed.

Now I get "Check Cut Motor" press enter it goes to carve but the bit will not spin and now "Cut Motor" needless to say will not start at all.

Jeff_Birt
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Bill, if your cut motor is not spinning at all it might be the rear cover switch (the one in series with the motor). I have had the creepy measurement speed thing too, think it only happened when I told it to center the project on the board, it never does it when I tell it to place on corner.

forqnc
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I have had the creepy measurement speed thing too, think it only happened when I told it to center the project on the board, it never does it when I tell it to place on corner.

I have had that too since I got the CCM, on Saturday it stalled completely. I forund a post on here about removing the side cover (opposite the keypad) and removing the cover that covers the table drive gears. Fearing the worst, a stripped gear, I found sawdust mixed in with the grease. I blew it out. I have only done one carving since and it appeared OK.