PDA

View Full Version : HELP I'm overloaded

Jim2120
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know what "Possible X overload" means and how to fix it?

rjustice
04-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Probably something binding when it is trying to move the "X" axis. Have you checked to see if your workpiece is able to smoothly slide all the way through the guide? If there is a slight taper to your workpiece it can get tight. It can also cause a belt to rip...

Just a guess.. but sounds logical to me.

Ron

Fireman Phil
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
How long or how heavy is your piece of wood? Too heavy of a piece will cause that error.

-Phil

benluz
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
First Check to make sure a piece of wood did lodge underneath the belts or the drive system,then try putting in a small piece and just tell it to measure and see whet happens
Ben

Ron Baird
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
X axis overload means something is causing excessive load on your traction belts. A foreign object could be caught in the belts or even a chip of wood under the board. If you keep using it with this condition you may tear a belt.

Cliff
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Check you head pressure when you crank it down and it ratchets. It should read between 75 and 85 pounds.

Jim2120
04-30-2007, 07:02 AM
I think it is the head pressure. Feels like it is pushing down harder. How can I fix this. There is nothing stuck under the board and nothing under the belts I have tried many boards. The problem stil a problem.

nodwell
04-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I had the same problem a while back with the roller applying way to much pressure. Now I just bring up the sensor check screen before lowering the rollers and bring them down until I get a "roller compressed" reading for both. It also helps to give the rollers a turn before this as I have found that a little saw dust on the rollers will affect the reading, so I spin it a few times.
Hope this helps.

Don

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I did a quick search for, "adjusting pressure", and found this (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3322&highlight=adjusting+pressure), look at the third post. Search really is your best friend....

menewfy
04-30-2007, 08:09 AM
you might want to check in my the gears for the belts of some dust got in there it might be causing that issue. have not had this happen to me yet but thought i would though it inthere.

good luck

rjustice
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Jim,

You can check roller pressure accurately by placking a bathroom scales in the machine... should be 75-85 lbs.

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Like Nodwell said, check the rollers. If sawdust is caked on the rollers it will bind the wood. Measure your wood thickness in a few locations, it could be a tapered piece thicher on one end and sticking.

AL