PDA

View Full Version : Deep on right and shallow on left side

Sarge
04-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Amazing how things just "happen". I ran one of my military designs today. It carved full and deep on one side and shallow on the other side. I'm not sure, but I think I found the culprit. As I was cleaning up, I noticed my outfeed table was tilted and the hex head bolt laying on the bench. I think this allowed the far side to drop just enough to cause the shallow carve. I would have thought the rollers would have prevented this.

The one on the left was cut a few days ago. Very uniform depth of cut. The other was today's quirky cut.

Anybody got another train of thought on the shallow/deep syndrome?

pkunk
04-28-2007, 08:45 PM
The rollers 'should' have kept it flat on the x feed. I suspect a z axis fault.

Ted Grinnell
04-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I have had my fair share of roller misallignment. While cranking down if you hear gears skipping prior to crank clicking, then the rollers may be misalligned.
I measure the distance from the top of the columns with the carrier cranked up to within 1 inch of the top. If the right is not the same as the left, adjust it.

menewfy
04-29-2007, 06:20 AM
also you might want to check your sandpaper

when mine was buggered I kept using it and it kept ridding over to the control panel side. it actually folded under itself and therefor made it higher on that side.

just a thought.

Sarge
04-29-2007, 02:03 PM
I have had my fair share of roller misallignment. While cranking down if you hear gears skipping prior to crank clicking, then the rollers may be misalligned.
I measure the distance from the top of the columns with the carrier cranked up to within 1 inch of the top. If the right is not the same as the left, adjust it.

Ted,
That sounds just like mine. Where are the directions to fix this? How do I adjust it?
I did multiple searches, nothing found.

bamaman315
04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
sarge , you have to take the panel off the bottom of the machine and remove the screw that holds the drive bar, once you do this you can use the crank handle to level out the rollers.