PDA

View Full Version : Well, boys & girls

pkunk
04-28-2007, 02:10 PM
I was going to post the other day about my new machine and how well it was working, but before I could, it quit. The best brains at LHR don't know if it's the cut motor (it quit) or the x axis controller card. My tests showed juice at the output side but the motor doesn't run. They're sending me both as a precaution. Good thing I have other projects to keep me occupied so's I don't go off the deep end when my CW quits.:rolleyes:

mtylerfl
04-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I was going to post the other day about my new machine and how well it was working, but before I could, it quit. The best brains at LHR don't know if it's the cut motor (it quit) or the x axis controller card. My tests showed juice at the output side but the motor doesn't run. They're sending me both as a precaution. Good thing I have other projects to keep me occupied so's I don't go off the deep end when my CW quits.:rolleyes:

Hello pkunk,

So sorry to hear about your machine. Well, good that you have other things to keep you occupied in the meantime!

Dan-Woodman
04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey Pkunk
Sorry to hear about your new machine, they say mine will be here 5-01-07.
sure hope I don't have as much trouble as a lot of these guys.
thanks for the PM.

Sarge
04-28-2007, 03:20 PM
THAT SUCKS!!! I'm still on my second CC. It's been coming up with some weird ailments in the last few days. I've been able to circumvent or cure them so far. I think it's almost time for a divorce, so I can try a new one out. Gotta go change my planer blades and set CC up for another carving.

DocWheeler
04-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Paul,
I sent mine in for an overhaul and found the turn-around to be only a couple of days. That is not a complaint! Caught me off guard since I had a lot of work on the stand yet to do. If you are at all like me - there is always a lot of "cleaning-up" to do in the shop.

Ken

pkunk
04-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Paul,
If you are at all like me - there is always a lot of "cleaning-up" to do in the shop.

Ken
Actually, right now I am cleaning.:eek: I decided to build a paint room, and was going to add on to the shop, but time and lack of major funds prompted me to reclaim a corner. So, I cleaned, threw out, reorganized, etc. to get a space 8' x 13', and started framing today. I had to reposition some tools, & reorganize the work flow, also. LOML had a say in this as well because I've been eyeing a new Timesaver sander & if $7,000 is going in that direction, I have to keep my sq. footage down. Anyone want to but a nice 38" Woodmaster sander?:D :D

http://tinyurl.com/ypx8oz They got the price wrong - I'm asking $2200

HandTurnedMaple
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I'll open the bidding at $32.01.