PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up

DDV
04-28-2007, 10:43 AM
This is a little heads up information. Was using the vac to Clean out my machine and dropped the hose. As I bent over to pick up the hose I looked up into the machine. The pressure rolls was covered with fine wood chips. The vac did little to remove them. Ended up using a scotch-bright pad and cleaned them off. Because of there location being covered it would be easy to miss this area. I guess this could cause the traction belt to tear.
DDV

Digitalwoodshop
04-28-2007, 12:25 PM
I take special care cleaning my rollers each time as I am cutting the PVC with blue reflective vinyl on top. The glue from the vinyl helps it stick.

Good tip.

AL

Sarge
04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
I kept having problems getting the darned thing to recognize it had a board in it. When I happened across a posting to check wires and it had to do with checking roller status.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3361

#1 1 Day Ago
benluz
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2007

This can solve many problems,stalls,close cover issues....etc

To check to see if your wires are pinched place a board in your machine and crank the head down as you would normally, now hit 0,7 on the keypad hit the arrow until you see the roller status it should say compressed

I did this, and found the front was compressed and the back wasn't. After raising the carriage up, I saw alot of fine sawdust/chips stuck to the rear roller. After cleaning it pretty good, rolled back down and VOILA!!!!! It read that I had a board and went right through the rest of the sequence.