PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a board sensor

Digitalwoodshop
04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Did anyone notice the guy on eBay selling parts of Carve Machines? I even bid on the cutting motor and lost.... Could be useful in 2 years...

I tried to contact the guy looking for a board sensor to play with but he didn't return my contact.

I thought I would put it out here that if anyone has a broken one from a repair please contact me, I would like it.

I want to work on the idea of using 1/4 inch material. My belief is that the sensor is seeing the sand paper belt at less than 1/2 inch.

Thanks,

AL

HandTurnedMaple
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Sent you a PM on the subject.

radsquirrel
04-28-2007, 01:14 AM
DigitalWoodShop-
I have been using 1/4" material for some time. The reason the machine does not recognize something that thin is because of two rubber washers mounted on the sides of the rollers (same side where the control panel is). These washers stop the rollers from going all the way down. If you try to use 1/4" or less, you will get a roller stuck error when the board is measured. During the measurement, the board will just feed all the way out and the sandpaper drive will continue. To fix this, I cut strips out of each of the rubber washers until the machine would accept 1/4". It has been carving fine for over 28 hours now.

Digitalwoodshop
04-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Thank You HandTurnedMaple and Radsquirrel,

Looks like I was off in the wrong direction with the sensor..... I will cut down the washers.

Thanks !!!

AL