PDA

View Full Version : Zaxis error 236

pamjmayo
04-27-2007, 01:45 PM
My machine worked perfectly until I changed the flex shaft. It will carve for about one minute, vibrates and then gives me this error. In my search I found Y Axis 236 but can't find out about the Z axis. Anyone else have this problem?

RBeau1954
04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I had that problem and the next project I did the bit plunged right into the wood. I called CW and after talking to an engineer about the problem there is a failure on the z axis board with some weak soldier joints and they are sending me a new z axis pack to replace it. Watch how your projects are running and see if you get the same problem and call CW. They were right on it and they are sending out the new one.

Rick

Kenm810
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I’ve been reading all about the Quick Chuck problems lately and the modified wrenches needed to remove a possibly damaged or stuck chuck, and to install a new replacement chuck. Now being an old MacGyver fan and a young boy scout at heart, I decided to be prepared, and got to work fashioning my emergency Quick Chuck repair wrenches.
A little grinding here and a little bending there, and there they where, not to pretty but they fit and are ready to go. ------ My Machine went down with multiple Z axis stalls push stop ------ NUTS ------------Must have been CW calling to my Machine – (To Come on Down.)-- anyway after a couple of calls,The techs wanted to meet her in person, FedEx label came from CW by Email this afternoon, Wrenches will hang on the wall over an empty down draft cabinet while the machine takes a trip to CW.

Sarge
04-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I had that problem and the next project I did the bit plunged right into the wood. I called CW and after talking to an engineer about the problem there is a failure on the z axis board with some weak soldier joints and they are sending me a new z axis pack to replace it. They were right on it and they are sending out the new one.

Rick

Folks,
About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I posted a build as you go "Cheat sheet for trouble shooting". http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2906

Please, if you find a definite fix for specific Error messages, send me an email with the specifics. I'll update it ever so often so others can more easily start to diagnose and maybe fix their machine.

Thanks

HillBilly
04-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I`m inline to stand and second that you be placed in charge of that idea "Sarge", as I done download your post and saved it, if I needs to referrer to any questions before asking.

Ya get your "mod" badge yet...<grin>

HillBilly
04-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Oh Yea, before I forget "Crap" stands for "Carving Response = Absolute Poetry".

If they (those that we try) don`t work out, we just save them till next year and heat our herats with them as we reflex back on where we were before..<grin>

CallNeg151
04-29-2007, 01:35 AM
I got my new power supply, everything fired up just dandy, started carving, and 58 minutes into the job, the bit plunged deeper and deeper into the wood each pass until it went through the board and started smoking.

Now when I fire up any job, it says "Check Cut Motor" after the first second or so (but continues after I press ENTER), and then begins to plunge through the board after the first few passes. Cue smell of burning wood.

Sensor check reveals nothing, Z-Axis reads properly +/- .002 from initial read each time the Z-truck reaches top or bottom of its movement.

Got the cover off, doing an extra detailed cleaning and am checking the usual suspects (re-seating cables, and checking for any pinches or breaks). Too late to test to see if re-seating fixed anything.

It has never done either of these things before.

ruggybear
04-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Mine did that and had to make the trip to Texas. I just ran the first test project yesterday and so far so good. Will do more today.

CallNeg151
04-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Mine did that and had to make the trip to Texas. I just ran the first test project yesterday and so far so good. Will do more today.
Glad to know yours is back up and running. It will be a week until I am able to call into tech support, thank goodness for their new expanded hours!