PDA

View Full Version : Converting graphic patterns to cutlines

doc68_70
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
I am trying to scan in an outline patten and place the graphic (.jpg) onto the board in designer which works fine. Then I am trying to use that pattern to make an outline to convert to a cutline so the machine will cut the pattern out without me having to use a bunch of tools to do the job. Does anyone know of a way to convert the graphic file to lines which I can make a cutline without having to redraw over the top of the graphic?

Jeff_Birt
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM
First save the scanned graphic as a PNG or GIF (save the origainl scan, do not resave the jpg). JPG files use a lossy compression system that can cause fuzzy edges when imported into Designer. After importing, right click on the graph and select: Outline Patterns. Your done :p

Charles M
04-27-2007, 01:30 PM
First save the scanned graphic as a PNG or GIF (save the origainl scan, do not resave the jpg). JPG files use a lossy compression system that can cause fuzzy edges when imported into Designer. After importing, right click on the graph and select: Outline Patterns. Your done :p

One addition, when importing you may need to RAISE once or twice to remove the rectangle around the image. If Cut Path doesn't work on the outline that is created you need to check that the path is complete. I have had to add and/or join a line segment or two before to make a complete path.