PDA

View Full Version : lay off the copyright preaching

newcarver
04-27-2007, 07:35 AM
This forum is meant to be a sharing of ideas, not a courtroom. If you have a problem with a pattern posted don't download it! If you didn't post it then leave it alone. If the owner has a beef with it, let them do the preaching and work. Many owners of the machine are not sharing anything anymore ecause of ridicule for others about this topic, DROP IT.
I have been using this forum for sharing patterns since i bought the machine, and have heard this argument many times and its really getting old.
Look around your own house before you preach, check your computer, are you sure your not breaking the law, You have never shared anything that was copyrighted.
Enough said

Semper Fi
04-27-2007, 07:40 AM
AMEN, Brother!

Ernie

DocWheeler
04-27-2007, 07:49 AM
J R,

Yes, I'm sorry to see the postings of people whose feelings were hurt. And, I'm sorry to see other people's protected material distributed as if it was "freeware".
I do not think the issue is so much the right of any of us to violate a law, I think the issue is the need to keep this forum open and not a target for litigation.

Ken

Jeff_Birt
04-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Please no more threads ab out this subject! This subject has been coverd in the forum rules, http://www.carvewright.com/forum/policy.php, #2 I belive, and beaten in to the ground.

There are legal issues at play and while you or I may not agree with it, it the law and the rules of the forum. There are many fine points to these things like someone can allow you to freely downlaod and use something but you may not have the right to redistribute it.

It's not really a big deal folks, nothing to get your shorts in a wad over. If you think there is a problem with something that someone shared, contact a moderator please.