PDA

View Full Version : machine repair

woody-ct
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know I just received an e-mail from Omar at CW informing me that the machine I returned for repair is done and ready to be shipped. The interesting part about this is they had it LESS than one week. According to Omar they are trying really hard and speeding up the turn around times and this seems to show that they have achieved that goal.

We may have issues with the product but it seems that CW is doing what they can to make it right.

eagle1
04-26-2007, 07:00 PM
My machine had developed a Z truck bearing problem and the folks at CW asked me to send it back for repair. This was last Tuesday, today Thursday (1 week later) , I am carving a lot of projects, They fixed all that was wrong and lubed my flex shaft. The longest part of this was "in transit". I got emails, tracking information and a lot of excellent help from the entire staff at CW. We all know that this little baby being new is going to have problems, but the real mark of a company is how good they take care of their customers. I have had the opportunity to talk to the founder and tech support, sales, software and shipping departments. I am yet to find a person who is not concerned. I thank each and everyone of you at CarveWright, keep up the great work.

mikem
04-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for these posts. My machine arrived at CW on Tuesday. One week turn around sounds awesome. I had better try and finish up the projects waiting for final sanding and stain so I can start new ones when it gets back. I thought I had a long wait, I even thought there was a post that a machine had come back after months at CW. A week sounds much better, thanks for the information and wonderful news.
Mike

RBeau1954
04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I was on the phone with Omar this morning for an hour trying to work out a problem. After putting over 26 hrs on the machine this is my first problem. Half way through a project the bit decided to take a dive right into the wood. Sample projects did the same thing. After talking to Omar and getting an engineer on the phone we decided it was the z-axis encoder so a new one is on the way. All the guys are great there and I love the machine.

Rick (The other Rick)

ruggybear
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
My machine was there just a week. However, 5 days in transit each way. Will test out the repairs tomorrow. They do not include a history of repairs when they ship it back. I sent them a letter enclosed with the machine regarding the problems I had with it but have no idea if that is what they targeted.

eagle1
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I sent a copy of my last post in an email to thank them for their quick response to my problem, the rapid turn around on my machine and the great customer support that gave to me ....they sent this back...

....... "Hi Rodney,

Thank you so much for your e-mail. It is good to know that we have customers out there like you who are so understanding and supportive of our company. Thank you so much for posting your words of kindness and encouragement. WE like to see positivity, in hopes that it will spread and encourage others. If there is ever anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks so much,
All of CarveWright Staff "...........

If you like what they are doing for you send them a

:p THANK YOU :p

SHOW ME A BETTER COMPANY, I am glad I bought this machine....

Eagle1

wunderkind
04-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I would like to ditto that Rodney.
I thank each and everyone of you at CarveWright, keep up the great work.
Jim

ruggybear
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Got mine out of the box and checked things over. Ran a test project and everything ran fine. Will be doing a more complex project tomorrow.

I also thank everyone at LHR. You can't ask for better support.

ruggybear
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Ran a 1 hour 20 minute project on my repaired machine today. Got the Check Cut Motor message at 50% done. Hit enter and the project finished normally. Running 1.120 software.

liquidguitars
04-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Never had this error but once over 150 hrs, how is your power as it could be a voltage drop wile working that shuts down the unit making you to hit re start.

LG

ruggybear
04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
LG,

Power is fine except when we have storms. However, the weather was wondeful here today. Seems there have been quite a few individuals getting this Check Cut Motor advisory lately. I wasn't too surprised when I got it and just did what others have been doing and that is just hit the enter button and don't worry about it.