PDA

View Full Version : Free Board Backgrounds

mtylerfl
04-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Hello,

We just posted twelve free "easy-on-the-eyes" Board Backgrounds in our "FREE STUFF" section for anyone who would like them!

Simply download, unzip, then copy the files you like to:

C:\Program Files\CarveWright\woods1

You will then have these custom backgrounds available in the "Pine" section of your Board Settings - Stain/Finish selections.

Here is the link...

http://www.carvebuddy.com/free_stuff.html

Kenm810
04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Michael T,

Great Board Backgrounds and Web site!

Many Thanks for sharing

Gman_Ind
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice stuff thanks for the free section, it is nice to have something new to carve.

mtylerfl
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Nice stuff thanks for the free section, it is nice to have something new to carve.

Hello Mike,

Pleased to be of service! More goodies planned...

Gman_Ind
05-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello Mike,

Pleased to be of service! More goodies planned...

I await impatiently!
As many others here I would assume.
Keep up the good work!

Hanna
05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much for the backgrounds. Man, its like someone finally turned on the bloody light! What a relief:) Doom and gloom of the dark recesses of designer are no more:)

leesheridan
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Thank-you very much. Just when the sharing of patterns and what ever was drying up you gave a real spark of life.
In your buisness of scanning and sell them, have you thought of gun grips? Such as the the single action sixes.
Thanks again.

mtylerfl
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Thank-you very much. Just when the sharing of patterns and what ever was drying up you gave a real spark of life.
In your buisness of scanning and sell them, have you thought of gun grips? Such as the the single action sixes.
Thanks again.

Hello,

Interesting suggestion about the gun grips. Thank you.

It is very intriguing to imagine the beautiful original designs that could be made and carved with the machine...or were you thinking more along the line of replicating existing grips?

Our interest is primarily in creating unique and original design patterns for use with the CompuCarve™/CarveWright™ machines.

We don't know anything at all about gun grips (i.e., how they typically fasten to the gun, preferred thickness of the stock, the depth/texture of a design so as not to create discomfort for the user's grip, etc.) - perhaps we'll search for some ideas and details on the subject. Maybe you have a few suggestions/ guidelines as far as preferences from gun owners.

We just interviewed an artist this last Monday to commission some original artwork from her. I'll bet she could come up with some great grip designs as long as she is provided the parameters to work within for each particular gun model.

We'll give it some thought! Thanks again.

Jeff_Birt
05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
There have beeen some other board backgrounds posted in the past too:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1765
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2059&highlight=board+finish+jpg

There was another post about this too that I could not find when searching that had a diffrent selction of wood types and finishes. You can also create your own very easy as they are just .jpgs. You only need to follow the naming convention that CW uses.