PDA

View Full Version : I need Wild West pics, can anyone help?

64falcon
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm working on a Wild West theme but havent found any pics that look western. Horses, cowboys, indians, bulls, barbed wire, guns, wagons... If any could help it would be much appreciated!

Sarge
04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm working on a Wild West theme but havent found any pics that look western. Horses, cowboys, indians, bulls, barbed wire, guns, wagons... If any could help it would be much appreciated!

Check out some of the stuff here: http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm/Western/

These will make a good design better!

rgant05
04-25-2007, 11:49 PM
V3d is a great source and I would recommend it if they have what you need and you can afford the investment for the project that you are doing. Also a good source of pictures is at Google in the "images" category. They may not always carve well without a little bit of work, but I have found pictures for a wide variety of things. Just go to google, select images and type in western or wild west and see what you get.

Roger

P.S. have you seen the DeadWood carving that someone posted on the forum. It was pretty nifty and looked like it would carve well. (just search for "deadwood"

pamjmayo
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Have you gone to the Vector Art 3D site. It has a whole section on western, Kachina Dolls and all. Try it you'll like it.

HillBilly
04-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, I was working on doing this and that, you meen to tell me I need to learn somthing else ?

Question number one, "How long ya had it out of the box ?"

Question number two, "Did ya read the manual ?"

Question number three, "What other graphics programs are you using ( or might be ) ?

Crap, now , I`m stuck in a loop.... LOL

HillBilly
04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
"64falcon",

I didn`t meen to come across as harsh as I did. I was only attemping to joke around with ya a little. The advice that you were given as to the VectorArt.com (http://www.vectorart3d.com) was a good one. I myself find their prices a bit above my means though.

As my name implys, I ani`t got a lot of "spare change" to be investing in that stuff right now.

What was it specifically you were looking for? The "Wild West" can cover a lot of territory at times. I have a lot of old western art around here that my father left me. (Mostly a lot of old books with some good art work.) I`m sure many others here have a few things they could share as well.

I had to laugh though about just a request for "Wild West" as the attached image file kinda fit the bill in my mind right off. Besides that I tried it in the programing and it seemed to be able to be carved rather nicely too.... ;-)