PDA

View Full Version : sears sign and euchre plaque

Rampie
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
My local sears store ask me to come in on saturday and demo my machine and this is what I made. Also here is a euchre league plaque I made.

Rampie

Git-R-Carved

pamjmayo
04-24-2007, 11:03 PM
These are really, really good. Can you tell us how you did your fonts? They are so clear! This is still my weak spot.

RC Woodworks
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Rampie, that is so cool! I hope Sears gave you something for all you have done for them!

Rick

RC Woodworks
04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
These are really, really good. Can you tell us how you did your fonts? They are so clear! This is still my weak spot.

pamjmayo, you can find font software at Circuit City, Best buy, Amazon etc. I also have google free fonts and found several sites. You can find the fonts you like and download them and save to a file. Then go to your control panel select fonts and upload your save files to your fonts. You don't have to worry about uploading the same font. It will not let you unless you remove the old file

I must have bought and downloaded over 10,000 fonts. I just bought another 3,000 I hope different then what I already have! I am looking for this one font, I have in stencil. But I can not find!

I own a sign shop, I hand rout my signs so I use stencils. You would think I could find any stencils! Well I am getting too old so the CC has improved my business! I even bought a ShopBot for my commercial signs. So having all these fonts will be useful. Oh I also bought Corel draw X3 and it came with a lot of fonts.

So you can find many for free by just searching the web. I hope I helped!

Rick

pamjmayo
04-25-2007, 12:34 AM
I had no idea. Why is it some people use outline and others use Raster, what is the deciding factor? Thanks for the info. I'll try it. It seems when I use the fonts that Designer has, I either make them too skinny or carve them too deep. I haven't found one that I really can count on.

Thanks again,

Pam

Rampie
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Sears did not give me much RC, lets put it this way they gave me less then i would have charged for the sign i made them. If they ask me to do it again it will cost them more next time or someone else can do it. As far as the fonts on the sears sign, the word sears and the craftsman logo were from pictures. they turned out nice. the word Compucarve was done with one of the fonts in designer. i had about two and half hours in photoshop getting the carver and the sears and craftsman logo right. As my wife says i am to particular on my woodworking projects and my own worst critic. But i just love my machine even if it almost cause me a divorse, hehe just kidding.

Rampie

Git-R-Carved

oldjoe
04-25-2007, 12:00 PM
The sign looks great that you did for Sears. The Sears that I purchased my machine from wants me to make something for them and I would get a free hat. So I did one last night nothing fancy just real simple. I did the lettering in both rastering and outline and I put some little stock carvings in each corner. Took about 18 minutes to run. But now I have decided to do more carving on the back and do some advertising for myself on the back. I figure if I wear the hat I would be advertising for them so it would only be fair for them to do the same. :-D

Bill
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Rampie,
Very nice excellent job http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Mike
04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey!!! Did you get permisson to use the Craftsman name??? LOL!!!

Rampie
04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
yes i did mike it is for in there store only. not going to make any more of them for personal use.

Rampie