PDA

View Full Version : LS2 in Cedar

upcedar
04-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey everyone, I did Ted's last-supper in the ole' mitty white-cedar, 10 mintue wire brushing an all done. It's about 10"~8", 250 depth & .980 thick, it took 2:55 hours to cut. I like it, who is the 4th guy from the left? When I picked the board I wanted the knot in the middle of the hall-way, this turned out to be a flooting knot & landed right on him, pretty neat...
Great tec-support and by the way your c/c manual is right here, way too go Beta guys. Rick

tedgrinnell
04-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Great carving, it seems to be a popular theme for a carving. I have carved a couple of them myself, but never thought of staining the frame darker. Looks good.

I have a new Last Supper that shows the chalise on the table and the apostoles positioned differently. I should have it up on allcw.com under patterns by next week, if I can get my machine up and running by then.

upcedar
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Ted, I'd like to get you to sign my LS2, I did some research of the last supper and found out that is Judas where the 'knot' hit, strange...

Qoute:

(Most importantly, Judas Iscariot is holding a small bag in his right hand. This is the bag with the 30 pieces of silver in it. In the actual timeline he doesn't get this until later, but Leonardo is making an obvious point that this is Judas, and he is the cause of all the trouble about to follow. Judas' other hand is reaching towards the plate, which is part of what Jesus says - that whoever dips his hand in his plate is the betrayer.)

Best Rick

HandTurnedMaple
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Even stranger is that Judas is a knot magnet. Zoom in on the one I did in Cherry. A solitary round knot marks Judas's beard here too.