PDA

View Full Version : quick chuck changeout

pamjmayo
04-23-2007, 12:32 AM
I received my new chuck from CC this week. I read the forum and printed out all the info on how to change it out. It seemed to me that you had to be a machinist and very likely you had to have a grinder in order to get the tools. After trying so many things that didn't work, I finally called a machinist that I knew and he made me the square top to go into the shaft. He then ground a flat wrench he had and sure enough he got it to fit. This all took about 3 hours to figure it all out. Once we had the tools, it took about one minute to replace it. Carvewright, this is so unfair. Why not send us specialty tools like this. There are lots of us who are going to have to change out the quick change, etc. and a .10 allen wrench would make so much better for the rest. All toys that need assembly come with a wrench. I also might add that I had to go through all the forums to get all the ideas on how everyone else made their tool. You have been great to us and I for one appreciate it. These specialty tools need to be sent to all customers....past and future.

Jeff_Birt
04-23-2007, 08:48 AM
It would at least be nice if CW offered for sale these types of tools needed for the machine, OR a source to get them. Many things require unique tools to service: bicycles,car, etc; usually they don't come with the product but the MFG will offer them for sale.

Digitalwoodshop
04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I am getting a chuck sent to me too and I asked for a wrench and they said they would send one then I asked for a wrench for the shaft and they said they would send me one too..... Now that is what I call GREAT Customer Service. Thanks LHR.

AL

pamjmayo
04-24-2007, 03:36 PM
WHAT, WHAT, WHAT. All you did was ask. Rub it in why don't you.