PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quick Question

HCM_Aaron
04-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Our CW just arrived today and we have had a lot of fun playing with it so far. But I just had a quick question that I hope some of you out there may be able to help me with (Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in the forum about it). My father and I are woodworkers that will be sharing the same machine as it will be in his workshop at his store, We were wondering if there was a way to load and activate the software on more then one computer (we have the store computer that it is currently registered to and we want to put it on each of our laptops so that we can work on the road or at home, etc.) My parents do a lot of craft shows and I am an artist so both of us could use the program individually as well as for the store operations. If anyone can help me that would be great. You can either reply to this message or e-mail me at washirley@hotmail.com Thanks

Sarge
04-21-2007, 08:27 PM
We were wondering if there was a way to load and activate the software on more then one computer (we have the store computer that it is currently registered to and we want to put it on each of our laptops so that we can work on the road or at home, etc.) If anyone can help me that would be great. You can either reply to this message or e-mail me at washirley@hotmail.com Thanks

Here ya go.. from the main webpage, under FAQ's. http://www.carvewright.com/faq.html#51

Can we run the software on more than one computer?
Customers are allowed to install the software on up to two computers at any one time.

Or call them Phone: 713-473-6572
Hours: 9:00 - 6:00 PM, Monday - Saturday... maybe they'll make an exception.

JOHNB
04-21-2007, 09:44 PM
What Will Happen If I Install It On 3 Puters

pkunk
04-21-2007, 09:46 PM
What Will Happen If I Install It On 3 Puters

One of them will explode? :p :) :rolleyes:
Seriously, you have to register and you can only register 2, so maybe there is a work-around, but why not ask and make it legal?

HCM_Aaron
04-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Thank you, I will give them a call and see what I can do. I will post and let everyone know the results, who knows my curiosity may help other people too.

HandTurnedMaple
04-22-2007, 10:34 AM
And don't overlook the fact you will have to share a memory card and reader, so you might want to ask about order additional ones too.

pkunk
04-22-2007, 11:01 AM
And don't overlook the fact you will have to share a memory card and reader, so you might want to ask about order additional ones too.

Not as long as there could be some communication between the computers. Only tales one to write to the card.;)

rjustice
04-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Yep, I agree with pkunk... simply email the file to the guy that has the machine and let him upload it to the card...

Ron

Semper Fi
04-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Along these lines, I have something I've been wondering about for awhile. My old computer sits idle 99.999% of the time and could be used for my backup to my main computer for the CC. The problem is it was on a dialup line that I no longer have. (I use a satelite connection now) Can I generate another copy of Designer without being able to connect to the internet? How about backing up my Designer and project files to a cd and down loading them onto the old computer?

Just seems a shame to have the old one sitting there idle while the wife and I ,at times, are time sharing on the newer one. Computer guru, I'm not!! :)

Ernie

Greybeard
04-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Along these lines, I have something I've been wondering about for awhile. My old computer sits idle 99.999% of the time and could be used for my backup to my main computer for the CC. The problem is it was on a dialup line that I no longer have. (I use a satelite connection now) Can I generate another copy of Designer without being able to connect to the internet? How about backing up my Designer and project files to a cd and down loading them onto the old computer?

Just seems a shame to have the old one sitting there idle while the wife and I ,at times, are time sharing on the newer one. Computer guru, I'm not!! :)

Ernie

I think the simplest way might be to "network" the two together.
If they are reasonably close together(same room, or adjoining rooms) check out what is involved in a LAN network, with both connected by a simple cable.
You could go all techy and install a wireless network, but I suspect you prefer the simple life. Your network can then share everything as if it were just one spread out computer.
Regards
John

kyeakel
04-23-2007, 06:59 AM
I reciently had a harddrive failure, which wiped one of my two carvewright S/W installs. I e-mailed carvewright and they said to just register another computer. They said as long as you use your original sign-in and password that you could add another computer. This does not seem to have replaced my original 2, but added a 3rd. This may work for others, unles carvewright did something to allow me to have 3....