PDA

View Full Version : How to replace card in head ??

Ropdoc
04-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Hello guys. I need to replace the card that is in the carving head. It is the card that you plug the sensor into.

Do I remove the truck bears first? Or is there something else? I already have the cover off. I replaced the card on the back of the head. And reseated the 1/2" ribbon to it. I then glued it in place.

Dave

Jeff_Birt
04-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Two of the bearing on the Z-truck are adjustable. You can loosen them up and slide out the round stock the bearings ride on to get the truck off. If you are not very familiar with this sort of thing it would be best to call CW.

Ropdoc
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you.

The thing is that I have been working on this machine since January. I thought we finally had it, but I still have the Z axis error. Now I have to replace that other card. I thought Craftsman was better than this. I am so frustrated over this.

Dave

Jeff_Birt
04-21-2007, 04:10 PM
There have been problem machines. But it seems that the guys at CW are getting a handle on things and they seem to stand behind (support) their products. Removing/replacing and adjusting the Z-truck is not tht hard, there have been a couple of posts on adjusting it that you could search for and find. Adjusting the bearings take some practice to get right.

Ropdoc
04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I have to replace the card in there. I was looking at the trucks. I don't want to destroy the machine by round off screws or something.
how do I get to the card?

Ropdoc
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
OK I called. I am waiting for them to return the call.

Thank you.

Ropdoc
04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok I finally got it to work, .....but....it will only run for about 5 minutes and then it displays the Z axis error. I check the sensor on the head and it shows movement in both directions. So I start it up again and it works. I take it thru all the steps of loading bits and measure and so on. It starts cutting and again about 5 or so minutes into the job it displays the Z axis error. this happened 4 times. I give up. I downloaded the latest version of software. What else should I do ??? This was the first weekend in over 2 months I had off and I can't get the machine to cooperate. The wife just told me to get out of the house. So I am going to a movie. I am SSSSOOOOOOOOO frustrated.

Dave