View Full Version : looking to probe

liquidguitars
04-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I ordered the 3D probe months ago.
Has anyone received one lately? :o

Lig

Jon Jantz
04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Nope. Ordered mine a couple months back as well.

rjustice
04-21-2007, 06:44 PM
No news here either?

benluz
04-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I think part of the wait is a new plug end.They are doing away with the ribbon cable ,homing sensor plug.It will now adapt to the plug to the left under the cover.
Ben

rjustice
04-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Ben,

If they are going to change the way it is wired, do you have any info on whether there is going to be a field retrofit kit?... Kinda hard to imagine you would have to send in the machine to be able to use the probe attachment though. I have the plug to the left under the cover, do all the machines have that or did they change it after getting into production?

Of the lucky ones that have the probe is there a problem with all, or most of them using the existing wiring???

Ron

Greybeard
04-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Could someone give me heads up on the probe socket/plug - is it more complex than just a two wire connector ?

Most of the probe designs in the diy cnc forums are just that - the probe movement is detected as a make/break contact of a clever switch arrangement, with only a two wire connector .
Though some of the designs I've seen are beautifully made, I was suprised at the current price of the cw one, given what goes into the designs I'm aware of.

John

benluz
04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Ben,

If they are going to change the way it is wired, do you have any info on whether there is going to be a field retrofit kit?... Kinda hard to imagine you would have to send in the machine to be able to use the probe attachment though. I have the plug to the left under the cover, do all the machines have that or did they change it after getting into production?

Of the lucky ones that have the probe is there a problem with all, or most of them using the existing wiring???

Ron

I believe for those of use with the old probe ,we will simple use an adapter cable, and the new probes will already have the change or if you are like me and removed the ribbon cable along with the circuit board form the z0truck,you could still use that to connect the probe ,but the adapter is supposed to be ready in a week,which it should be since it is pretty straight forward.
Ben

benluz
04-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Could someone give me heads up on the probe socket/plug - is it more complex than just a two wire connector ?

Most of the probe designs in the diy cnc forums are just that - the probe movement is detected as a make/break contact of a clever switch arrangement, with only a two wire connector .
Though some of the designs I've seen are beautifully made, I was suprised at the current price of the cw one, given what goes into the designs I'm aware of.

John

Greybeard I would think the design you have seen are pretty similar to how the Cw probe works,I just ordered a probe for a full size cnc machine...the cw came me the bug ! I'm getting a 5x 96 shopsabre with a 4th-axis and tool changer with 7.5 spindle....the cool thing is their quiet ! I got it for cabinet parts and all kinds of other designs
Ben

Gman_Ind
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I ordered my probe months ago as well, I have a small gear project I need scanned and I hope soon it is holding up 2 other projects, one might actually be a paying customer.

benluz
04-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Ben,

Ron

From what I understand there will be a little harness adapter with one end with the mini rca jack and the other will plug into the port under the cover and to the left.They will just mail it to you and just connect both ends and your good to go.
Ben

rjustice
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Cant wait...

Gman_Ind
05-03-2007, 08:58 PM
My probe arrived with the standard 2 conductor plug like on a microphone.

benluz
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello,Yes they are apparently they are still being shipped that way ,but I do know the plan is to use the alternate port to the left under the cover,but when exactly that will happen I'm unsure,
Ben