PDA

View Full Version : automotive clock

Rampie
04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Here is a sign clock I made for a buddy useing the 67 firebird I posted in the forum. It is 28" X 14" white oak with cherry stain put on before I carved it. the clock numbers and the letters have gold leave on it.

Happy Carving
Git-R-Done

Rampie

Sarge
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
That's nice. Pretty darned detailed!!! You even got the minute tick marks without breaking them. What does the surround design represent??

Okay!!! Might help if I put my glasses on. It's a vane thing.... they make me feel "old".

Rampie
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
That is a brake calibur and rotor Sarge. yes it turned out really well. the picture does it no justice. Wish i was as good at photography. haha

Rampie

cajunpen
04-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Great project - bet he would have liked it better if you would have put the whole phone number in:rolleyes: Just kidding. Clock looks great!

Mike
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Fantastic clock!! I've done a few myself but not quite as nice as yours.

Rampie
04-25-2007, 04:12 PM
yes it did turn out really well, put alot of hours into the pictures. that seems to be the trick. spend as much time as it takes to get what you want. just keep trying different things till it comes out the way you want.

Rampie

meat
04-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Here is a sign clock I made for a buddy useing the 67 firebird I posted in the forum. It is 28" X 14" white oak with cherry stain put on before I carved it. the clock numbers and the letters have gold leave on it.

Looks terrific!

For the clock, you had to countersink the back a bit, right? Did you do that on the CW or separately? I've built a few clocks and get my movements from Klockit. I like the hands on your clock!

Your pal,
Meat.

Rampie
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
No i didn't have to counter sink it. I got my clock parts from a local craft store. i got the ones that have a 13/16" shaft, did counter sink one of my other ones though. and i did use the CW to do it with. However i did figure out that i have to add .06 for every inch. if i set the software to 1" in comes out .94", now i got it figure out i can get it exact.

Thanks,
Rampie