PDA

View Full Version : Z truck bearings

eagle1
04-18-2007, 11:55 PM
My machine started making a strange noise and then noticed that it was carving erratic. I stopped unit and looked at the Z truck to see it bit was loose. I found Z truck assembly to be very loose. Further inspection I found the lower left bearing to be loose (Picture 1) I tried to tighten the bearing with no luck.

Unit only has 17 hours of cut time on it

I called tech support and talked to Hope She was very helpful and talked me thru the cover removal and Z truck inspection. I found that the Z Truck was broken around the lower left bearing. (Picture 1 & 2) The flex shaft was very hard to remove and it appears to be very dry also.

Hope suggested that I send the unit back to them for inspection and repair. I agreed and she then sent me a RMA and a prepaid Fed X shipping Label. The service was very quick, I hope they don't keep my new baby to long in intensive care ward.

HillBilly
04-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Dang, I got a "Z-axis" stall error onnmine when I did the carvings with the Corain this evening. I exited out and carver "air" for awhile, to get back into where I was. You might notice that in the pic I posted with the grandson ( I did ).

Anyway, thanks for the close ups, I`ll take a real good look tomarrow when I geive her a bath and check that.

"Ya got`s love `um, elsewise they`ll fail ya."... :lol: