PDA

View Full Version : Why was RC Woodworks banned?

Mike
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I have not been online lately but I just noticed today that RC was banned. I never saw anything offensive in his posts. Maybe the mods can give an explanation. That is unless your going to ban me for asking!
Mike

meat
04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I have not been online lately but I just noticed today that RC was banned. I never saw anything offensive in his posts. Maybe the mods can give an explanation. That is unless your going to ban me for asking!
Mike
Maybe he got too many infractions from the powers that be. (I personally think infractions are silly and are far too arbitrary to be doled out as freely as they are).

Maybe he didn't say enough positive things about the CW machine ( do believe that there was a post about not saying things positive and constructive).

Maybe he had more than one user account (that's probably not it though; Pkunk has two accounts - Pkunk and Pkunk1 - and Jeff Birt has two as well - Jeff_Birt and Jeff_Birt2). Although you can and should be banned for having more than one account, it would be lopsided and unfair for mods to be in flagrant violation of the rules of the forum and ban someone else for doing the same thing they're doing. Do as I say not as a I do - while it may the be Democrat's platform, really shouldn't be part of this forum.

Of course, what do I know? I'm just some food group with an infraction:rolleyes:

Your pal,
Meat.

MarkJamesDesign
04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Although I kinda liked him, I didn't know RC very well. I have only been on this forum for a few weeks. I have noticed that there is a lot of griping on this forum about what CarveWright (LHR) the company should or shouldn't be doing with this machine, it's accessories and it's software. The following is a quote from the header at the top of this page as well as every page in this forum:

"This is an online community enabling members to share knowledge on using the CarveWright and Craftsman CompuCarve machines and software."

Just thought I'd point that out,...for what it's worth.

Jim

Jeff_Birt
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Guys, it's quite frankly none of your business why RC got banned. It had nothing to do with his opionion, good or bad, of CarveWright or anything else.

As for Meats discovery that both Paul and I had two accounts, yes we were asked to set up new accounts to test the new forum software before it was brought online. These testing accounts also were in no way related to anything RC may have done.

You have to stop and consider there may be things that you have no knowledge of; rest assured there is no evil conspiricy at work. Now, can we talk about carving?

EDIT: Folks this crap is getting silly. Deispite the rumors that someone is circulating the above statement is true. If you have been contacted by the person who was banned with some sort of tale of persecution please let me know via PM. It's sad that there is 1100 or so nice folks here and 2-3 feel the need to act like 5 year olds.