PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone is wondering

Hanna
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I had the close cover error. I read all the posts etc. but called CW anyway because no place showed exactly where the screws are that should be tightened. I thought they could not be the ones they are because you could easily get to those without removing the cover. You could either turn yourself upside down or better yet lay the machine over on its back, so I figured I must not know where the screws were to tighten.

Well it is the ones I thought they were at the bottom part of the black plastic in the front and they could be tightened without removing the cover, however doing it that way would put different stresses on the machine and you may not tighten them as they should be that way so that is why you gotta do it the hard way;)

Btw.....The Bard said to tell Julie, Barbara and Debbie, HI!!

He is quite a character.

RC Woodworks
04-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Hanna, I recently sent my CC in for repair for a cut motor issue and close cover. But before I sent it in a fix for the close cover was the small ribbon cable in the Z truck. The problem is by removing the cable it disables your probe.

What you do is turn off the machine, then move the cutting head down so you can see this little plastic tab. Remove it, then pull the small cable towards you until it breaks free. Then you pull straight up, it may be glued in so you will need to pull with a little consistant force.

Now if that doesn't fix the problem then it needs to be sent in for repair to replace a magnet in the cut motor I think. Anyway a magnet somewhere!

I am not sure what screws you are talking about? Did they say what the screws tighten? I hope that helped, CW may have changed their minds how to fix the problem. But that is what Hope told me to do when I had the close cover problem.

Far as I am concern ask away if you have any problems. There may be many post on certain issues. But it seems like CW is discovering new fixes for the same problems everytime we turn around! :)

Rick

Hanna
04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
JC, I will try to explain where the screws are.

Looking at the CW from the front (keypad on the left side) there is a silver bar that holds the clear cover to the black part of the cover. On the black top part of the cover there are two small square boxes that contain the switches or whatever you call it that the nubs on the clear plastic cover poke into when you close the lid. It is the two screws on that little black box on each side that you tighten. The screws on mine were real loose on the left hand side. I don't know yet if tightening them fixed the problem yet, but we shall see.

I read the post about pulling that wire....sounds SCARY to me;/

cajunpen
04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
I noticed that RCWoodworks has been banned. Anybody know why? I haven't seen any posts that he made that I found offensive - just wondering.

pkunk
04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I noticed that RCWoodworks has been banned. Anybody know why? I haven't seen any posts that he made that I found offensive - just wondering.
Click on his name> view public profile> see answer

cajunpen
04-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Click on his name> view public profile> see answer

I did what you suggested and did not see a reason, and apparently you did not want to give me one - and truthfully I don't need one - I was just curious.

liquidguitars
04-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Not sure, as sometimes PM's come into play with the mods, but I think it was that he was upset about his CW not working after a service.

His unit was shipped back about the same time as mine so I was looking at his posts regarding his service. :rolleyes: but I will say the man picked up a lot of old redwood!

I read the post about pulling that wire....sounds SCARY to me;/
Hanna your right I would call first.
Lig