PDA

View Full Version : Removing the cover

Hanna
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep, got the close cover error;/ Anyway I got the 4 screws out, but rather than there being just the black and white wires on the keypad side to unplug there is also a ?shaft? on the left hand side, looking at it from the back, that prevents lifting the lid. Nothing in the PDF about this other part. Any ideas?

Sarge
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Here are some more direct approaches to try.

I spoke to Hope at CW and she asked me if I used a probe? I told her no, she asked will I ever? I told no I don't see a need for it.

Then she instucted me to manually lower the cutting motor to see a plastic tab on the Z axis. She told me to remove the tab and I would see a small cable. I did see it and she told me to pull down and lift it out. This unplugged one side of the cable on the inside.

Once I had the end I had to pull straight up. This took a little pressure because this end is glued in. So after that no more close cover problems.

This will only work for those of us without probes or never plan on getting a probe. So I don't what you would do other then giving your CC a trip to Texas !

3 Weeks Ago
Kenm810
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2007

DDC,
Not long after I started using my CC, I got a close cover error. Rather then tiring to take the cover off,
I followed a post suggestion and just reseated the plug with a soda straw through the slots in the back top of the machine.
It worked; I’m guessing the culprit in my case was vibration.
This by its self won’t solve any other problems. But I found it worked for me.
Ken

4 Weeks Ago
Digitalwoodshop
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2007
Close cover

Odds are that the close cover problem is the plug for the lid switch next to the keyboard. The wire goes from the lid switch and picks up additional wires from that plug they say is for future expansion... (a rotary devece) to the very back just under where the motor drive cable comes out. It's the same one shown in the instructions on how to take the cover off. To fix it, remove 4 top cover screws, lift back cover 2 inches, with unit unplugged, push the wires and plug back in to the rear facing circuit board. I blew my plug out with air pressure from the front.

As for that plug of wires you don't need now?? Must be talking about the Z home sensor that is bypassed with a "go as far as you can down and stop". Hey... This must be "Home".... Update 120.

Anyone else notice the new home check, just drives down next to the keyboard side.

AL

03-12-2007
Bill Kearns
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2007
Back on the "Honeymoon"

Spoke to Omar in tech support and he was going to send me a shipping label.
He spoke to his supervisor and he came back with a quick fix. We opened the top and behind the Z-truck and pulled out a small 5 wire grey cable and removed it. He said that that should do it. Evidently they are redisigning the probe and this cable will not be needed.

Guess what------it's humming away as I write this little note.

RC Woodworks
04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Hanna, I was told to do the samething yet I continued to have the close cover issue. So I had to send mine in for repair for a magnet switch in the Z truck or something.

I also have seen post where members were told to remove that cable for a check cut motor message. I got my CC back today and I am getting a cut motor error again. I will let you know if they tell me to remove the cable for that!

I was told it is a RPM sensor and I am pretty sure they replaced it. So it must be something else.

It is fourth quarter, fourth down and 12 yards to goal. I am about ready to punt! But who knows I may go for it!

Hanna
04-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Sarge, thanks for all your effort, but I did read all that stuff before posting:) I don't want to be scolded:)

Anyway I did get it off, enough to check the screws and the screws on the keyboard side were loose, so we will see if that solves the problem. The thing I don't understand is why do they have you to remove the cover and go through all that when you could just lay the thing on its back and easily do it that way.........unlesssssssssssssssssssssss.........I tightened the wrong screws? CW didn't send a picture or any description as to exactly where these screws are but I assume they are on those little plates that the plastic sticky out things slide into when you close the lid.

VtBlues
04-17-2007, 01:08 AM
What version of software are you running. I was getting close cover errors every few seconds. Updated to version 1.12 and haven't had that error since and its been about 10 hrs of carving since.