PDA

View Full Version : Can you hear it?

RC Woodworks
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Surprise, surprise!!! Dhl delivered my CC 2 days early!!! I right away put it to work. I did almost panic I guess CW re greased the bit finder lever and it must of been dirty. The lever failed to extend, but I blew it out and it worked.

I hope all is fixed, I plan on using it to it full capacity!

Rick

ruggybear
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
RC
Glad to hear of your surprise!!! Let me know if CW fixed all you wanted. did they include any documentation regarding what they did?

Ken (ruggybear)

Semper Fi
04-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Rick, Chris had me spin the flex cable and check that the value on the RPM sensor changed (0,7, then up once). It did, so next he had me remove the RPM Sensor (one small screw) and with a strong light turn the flex shaft again and check for a small projection on the shaft that is the magnet the rpm sensor reads. Mine looked more like a weld splatter and had no projection at all........ verdict - new cut motor on its way. If the magnet was there, then it would have probably been the RPM Sensor.

Hope this helps,
Ernie

liquidguitars
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
hope to keep it, but I placed my ordered for my ShopBot today.

what software are you getting with it?
Lig

Bill
04-17-2007, 11:19 AM
hello Rick,
I also would like to know what software you are going to get with
your new machine?

Bill
04-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Ken,
When I received my machine back there was no documentation regarding what they had done but it was repaired when it came back. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

RC Woodworks
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
From what I was told it has about the same or simular software. However it has 11 fonts to choose from for centerline routing. You can purchase additional software for more.

Rick

Bill
04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I was just wondering I thought the software was extra and not included and you have a choice of ArtCAM Insignia, ArtCAM Pro, VCarve Pro Vector, MegaArt Collection.

RC Woodworks
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I must be going crazy! I posted a reply about the software and it is gone! Yes ShopBot comes with software simular to CW. It allows to full operation and in this software 11 centerline fonts. They do offer a full version for $500.00, but I was told Corel, paint and and other Cad type software is compatible. So I believe you can convert fonts using these programs.

Ernie, thank you for the info. I sent my CC in for the RPM sensor and for the magnet. The magnet was for the close cover issue. So I don't know? I really want to keep it, but I am not going pray everytime that it works. I don't have time for that. Praying yes wondering if the machine is going to work no!

Rick

pastime106
04-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Did you say positive stuff about the software:D