PDA

View Full Version : vector text mode

temler
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
How can you get rout text mode of vector not just outline and raster? Is there an upgrade for that? and if so how do I get it?
Tim

rjustice
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Tim,
It sounds like you are describing the centerline text function. It was apparently given to the beta testers of the machines, but they took it out of production software. If you do a search for centerline text, there is a post where someone saved each letter as an operation. If you open up two windows you can copy the letters that you want to a new window.... This is a very makeshift way to do what i felt should have been included with the machine. It's shown on the box even... none the less this will accomplish what you are describing i think

Rumor has it that it will be in an upgrade option of the software in the future...

Good luck!!

Ron

Greybeard
04-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Hi Tim.
If is the centerline option you are referring to, what Ron said is correct.
(Search for "centerline" to find the boards I've posted -or "centreline" if I've forgotten to use your spelling !).

When I was doing this I found what appears to be a bug in the software that might have been the reason that it was not included in the software with the machine, though I've not had it confirmed.
What happens is that some of the individual letters in some fonts do not work properly. Typically, letters with loops that go to the side get cropped in width.
I managed to find a way round it, and thought that the easiest way for others to use centerline who didn't have it was for me to post the individual letters of a complete font in a project.

There is however a simpler way (for me that is ;) ) .

If you set up whatever text you need (you needn't worry about layout), but you must set up each letter separately - not complete words - then send me the file as an .mpc , I can convert the file to centerline with only a couple of clicks.
If you know your going to do a lot of signs for example, then just create your own board as individual letters/numbers and send that.

The only possible fly-in-the-ointment is I need to have the same font in my computer.
If I don't have it, I'll come straight back to you and ask you for it, and if needs be, tell you how to send it to me.

Hope that helps.
John

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
It has been working for me using the font boards he posted a while back.

If he ever gets to the States He is going to be on a very very very long Pub Crawl from all the guys like me patting him on the back..... Thanks for the Centerline Text work around.... I am a Retired Navy Chief and I am qualified to lead the Crawl....

Speaking of Pubs.... My favorite Pub is "Ned Kelly's Last Stand" in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/hongkong/N6187.html

http://www.world66.com/asia/northeastasia/china/hongkong/kowloon/nightlife/nedkellyslaststand

I see they have it wrong... only 3 stars..... more like 5 stars in my book.

Ned Kelly is the Jesse James of Australia... My Navy ship addopted it as our mascot on a visit to Hong Kong in August 77.

http://ussknox.org/Seastories.htm Ned's Story from Aug 77.

AL