PDA

View Full Version : irratic cut

beachman
04-16-2007, 02:39 PM
the machine is cutting a section 1 and 1/8 wide and 1/16th deep near the end of any project and then going back to the correct depth to finish the last inch of the project.anyone had this before?

Charles M
04-16-2007, 02:56 PM
This has happened to quite a few that I have read (hope that doesn't sound like whining or complaining). I think the firmware may have been the culprit. If you look for topics concerning cut depth you should be able to find the posts I saw.

BTW, Atlantic Beach is my favorite vaction spot. Have they started developing on the old amusement park area?

rgant05
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Beachman,

Just curious, are you carving with the "best" quality setting. If so, did you try the same design on the "normal" quality setting. I carved one on the best quality setting and have lines carved deeply (maybe only a 1/32" deep line but still very noticable on a flat surface). I sent the photo and the mpc to CW but haven't heard back from them yet. I think that it might be something about the best quality setting, but don't have anything to back that up yet. Also note, the various hieghts of the pattern weren't affected, but the flat un-contoured part of the project was.

Roger

beachman
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
yes i'm using best and i wondered if that may be it also

benluz
04-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello there, your problem is related to a bad z-encoder it looses it counting position of where the bottom should be.I had the same problem and replaced the z-encoder and all was well.Call Cw and they can get you one sent out.
Ben

beachman
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
thanks,i'll give them a call

Azbear
04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,
If by Z axis, you are referring to up/down action, I too am having this problem. I recently started using "best" while still in designer, then also when uploading my project to card. If you find out the culprit, please post findings. I work very strange hours and can not call CW during their hours. Even new Saturday hours.

Will be very greatful with you sharing your findings.

Is that guy with the funny hat still documenting "faults and trouble areas"?

Sarge
04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey guys,

I hope that wasn't directed toward MY hat!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: ;) :eek:

benluz
04-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey guys,
If by Z axis, you are referring to up/down action, I too am having this problem. I recently started using "best" while still in designer, then also when uploading my project to card. If you find out the culprit, please post findings. I work very strange hours and can not call CW during their hours. Even new Saturday hours.

Will be very greatful with you sharing your findings.

Hello,yes the z-axis is the head that moves up and down and if you are getting a rough cut on what would be the deepest part of the cut in the flat areas is where it is most visible also the cut depth will change sometimes from the start to finish.If you have a cell phone I can have them call you if you like.
Ben

Azbear
04-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Yup. That's the picture of the guy in the funny looking hat. Oh man, hope that's not the real pic of Sarge.....great looking hat..I am trying to back peddle here...can't think fast enough of something cool to say...I also have one...

Anyway, are you still documenting faults and such? ever heard of this "cut" problem?

Azbear
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Ben,

Cell phone works, but can't always answer while at work. Cleanroom rules. Guess earwax is a contaminate. I have pics of what I am seeing on my last three projects. If you can see them, maybe you might help?

Sarge
04-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Yup. That's the picture of the guy in the funny looking hat. Oh man, hope that's not the real pic of Sarge.....great looking hat..I am trying to back peddle here...can't think fast enough of something cool to say...I also have one...

Anyway, are you still documenting faults and such? ever heard of this "cut" problem?

YEP, it's the "real" me in the pic. :cool:

I've heard of cut problems, but only here and there. I had a minor issue with it once, but contribute it to something I did wrong. I never figured mine out, it went away. Robbie had a similar problem about a week ago. I didn't get a definitive answer from him or CW what the cause was.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20836#post20836
As far as the Troubleshooting guide, I've kept up some of the stuff. Mainly issues that keep popping up. I'll attach the zip file.

beachman
05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
the nice people at cw support have determined that my cut problem is caused by the rpm sensor,and are sending a replacement,sorry it took so long to let anyone interested know,but i've been out of state and couldn't call to get it resolved until now.

rjp736
05-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I had the eratic cutting problems and they sent me a new sensor. Problem never went away and now I'm waiting for my shipping label so the machine can be sent to CW for repairs. I hope the new sensor takes care of your problem.

Rest assured, CW will get you up and running.

benluz
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I had the eratic cutting problems and they sent me a new sensor. Problem never went away and now I'm waiting for my shipping label so the machine can be sent to CW for repairs. I hope the new sensor takes care of your problem.

Rest assured, CW will get you up and running.

Was your erratic cut a depth changing issue ?
Ben

benluz
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Ben,

Cell phone works, but can't always answer while at work. Cleanroom rules. Guess earwax is a contaminate. I have pics of what I am seeing on my last three projects. If you can see them, maybe you might help?

Did you get your problem taken care of ?.If not you can send me a picture of the cut ,so i can take a look at it.
Ben