PDA

View Full Version : Measuring Again

Hanna
04-16-2007, 02:30 AM
First, I did a search. I read all I found. Still need to post my question.

I am doing a project in which the design is 14.25x4.25 on a board. The board is 6" x 22". I load the board, it asks if to stay under the rollers, I say yes, then it measures the board and it then displays this:

15.556/22.16

Then it asks if I want to center on board etc. After trying to reload it numerous times I finally chose to center it on the board. The result....My 14.25 x 4.25 design came out to be just a little over 10". I do not get what I am doing wrong?? I am using Software 1.115

Sarge
04-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Everyone, including me will recommend uploading v.1.120 first. To go around the centering issue, try "jog" to start position. Remember to jog it to the far right end as you stand at the keypad.

DDV
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM

I am doing a project in which the design is 14.25x4.25 on a board. The board is 6" x 22". I load the board, it asks if to stay under the rollers, I say yes, then it measures the board and it then displays this:

15.556/22.16

Then it asks if I want to center on board etc. After trying to reload it numerous times I finally chose to center it on the board. The result....My 14.25 x 4.25 design came out to be just a little over 10". I do not get what I am doing wrong?? I am using Software 1.115

I had the same problem. But when I selected "no" to staying under rollers and center on the board it worked fine. I guess that just keeps the machine dumb to the board length. I have been told to upgrade my softwear, but with all the problems after upgrading I'm still waiting. I guess later I'll find a problem I can't work around and have to upgrade. But, right now "If it's not broke, I'm not going to fix it."
DDV
DDV

Charles M
04-16-2007, 09:04 AM

15.556/22.16

Hanna,

You said that "the design is 14.25X4.25 on a board". Is that the board dimension in Designer? From the message you got from the machine it sounds like your board dimension in Designer was 15.556" long. That would account for the scaling since your board would need to be 22.556" in order to "Stay Under Rollers". Try making the board 22" long in Designer and choose to Not Stay Under Rollers.

Hanna
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I spoke to Carvewright on the close cover issue.....to a man named Chris who was EXTREMELY nice...and very witty as well:) Anyway I asked him about this problem while I was at it. I thought it was best to stay under the rollers, but he said no, unless your board is over 2 ft. long, so not staying under the rollers will solve the problem. He said to create my project in designer to size, then use a physical board that allows for the 3.5" on either end of the design. In other words, if you have a project that is 14" long in designer, leave it at 14" in designer and then use a 22" physical board.

I said "BUT the manual says it is best to stay under the rollers.....he said "old manual....it is being updated. So, I am going to try it this way and I have downloaded the software update, but if removing the cover etc. fixes the cover issue I agree....if it ain't broke don't fix it;/

Charles M
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
to a man named Chris who was EXTREMELY nice...and very witty as well:)

That sounds like our Bard who went missing. Anyway, hope you get it worked out.