PDA

View Full Version : Where fo the returned Sears machines go?

Semper Fi
04-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I was wondering, where do these machines that are being returned to Sears go? Is CW rebuilding them and wholeselling them as refurbished, or what. I know I got mine from a franchised store that hadn't sent it back yet, but how about the rest of them? I'd love to have a spare, if the price was right....... oh yea, also a probe. I can dream, can't I??? :)

Ernie

pkunk
04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I was wondering, where do these machines that are being returned to Sears go? Is CW rebuilding them and wholeselling them as refurbished, or what. I know I got mine from a franchised store that hadn't sent it back yet, but how about the rest of them? I'd love to have a spare, if the price was right....... oh yea, also a probe. I can dream, can't I??? :)

Ernie
They're supposed to go back to CW for rebuilding. I haven't seen any refurbished on the market yet though.

Dan-Woodman
04-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I think there shuffled off as new.
Some on the form have said there was hrs. on there machine when they got it.

Ted Grinnell
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I know that some are sold to public as damaged goods. You can find some of these on e-bay. Note that they are sold as-is. Good Luck.

HandTurnedMaple
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I think there shuffled off as new.
Some on the form have said there was hrs. on there machine when they got it.

I would have to think this was either a mistake, or a poor choice by the local Sears. As much as I question some of Sears decisions, selling used/failed equipment could not possibly be a corporate policy.

Semper Fi
04-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Actually it was a decision made by the owner of the local Sears franchise to sell me the machine. He told me it was being returned because of problems. The $1,200 price was just too good to pass up and I knew the machine could be fixed if anything was really wrong with it. We all know how tempermental these beautys can be and I was betting (correctly) that the previous owner just wasn't prepared for this. The impression I got from the Sears store owner was he had the $1,200 invested in the machine and just didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back. If that was the price to him, what must Sears be paying for it? You know they are making a buck off of it also. You know where this is leading, don't ya? LOL I'm pretty sure CW has gotten pretty close to loosing money on mine.(time & shipping on my Z motor and new cutting motor, plus operating expenses) I sure hope mine isn't typical, because this is(and will be) a great idea and Company! But they can't afford to keep fixiing my machine like this, under warranty, and make money. But don't tell them that until my machine gets over its growing pains! :)

Ernie

DDV
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
I know that some are sold to public as damaged goods. You can find some of these on e-bay. Note that they are sold as-is. Good Luck.

It's hard for the general public to buy a defective item from Sears. However, there are businesses across the country that buy defective lots of returned merchandise. That's why on e-bay if you check "The other Items listed" you will find other Sears merchandise listed by that seller. The local Sears Catalog store wasn't owned by Sears and I have bought, power tools and a air conditioner that had been returned (broken part) for pennies on the dollar.
DDV