PDA

View Full Version : Loose bearings against rail

Azbear
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Has anyone tried to remove the carving assembly that moves up/down? My assembly is loose. Bearings to rail has about 1/8" play. I can see where the belt is gripped to this assembly. This gripper clamp seems to be the only thing from sliding the whole assembly up and off the rails. I sent same message to CW but, we know how busy there are.

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Azbear
Two of the four bearings on the truck are solid and the other two are ajustable.
They have a square nut on the back side with a screw in the front.
Hold on to the nut , loosen the screw ( slightly) and carefully turn the nut to move the bearing. retighten. Not too tight , just so there is minimal play.

benluz
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
You will need a (thin) 12mm wrench and tighten the cams on the right side,I do mine with the belt off so I can feel the movement of the z-truck,you don't want to get them to tight.You can feel when you have it just right,but it will take you a little time playing with it to get the hang of it. It would be best to let CW walk you trough it.
Ben

Azbear
04-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys! I'm assuming the screws on the front are locked in with thread lock. I'll give your advise a try in the morning. Does the assembly have to be removed from the rail assembly for this adjustment of the bearings?

Thanks again.

Azbear

benluz
04-15-2007, 08:06 AM
No it does not have to be removed.And yes the screws can be tight a little solvent may work.
Ben

Skyhawk
04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I had to replace a few bearings that froze...Adjusting them is easy, but takes a fine touch to get them right...

1. Remoce the bearing sweeper so that you can feel the outer bearing
2. Using the 12mm wrench tighten the loose bearing while turning the outer bearing.
3. When the outer bearing will no longer move, loosen 1/8 of a turn
4. The correct adjustment will be the outer bearing tight to the point that it just stops movement...there should be no play.

Azbear
04-15-2007, 11:29 AM
OK, got 'em snugged up. Can rotate bearings and feel the resistance against the rails. Started a new carving as we speak.

Thanks again for the tips!!

Skyhawk
04-15-2007, 11:32 AM
OK, got 'em snugged up. Can rotate bearings and feel the resistance against the rails. Started a new carving as we speak.

Thanks again for the tips!!

The outer bearing should not be able to turn by hand...