PDA

View Full Version : 1/16 inch carving bit on the brain....

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 02:15 PM
EDIT.... OPERATOR ERROR 100%..... Had a carved out recess in back and I forgot about it.... The machine just wanted to cut the back side of the board first....

************************************************** ************************************************
Don't waste your time....

************************************************** ************************************************

This is interesting... I am running 120 and today I loaded a cut project on my machine and when I expected it to ask for a 1/8 cutting bit as it was just a cut out (MSC1 Cut), it asked for the 1/16 carving bit. I put it in and after it's checks it went on to start cutting with the carving bit. Stopped it.

So far I have:

Uploaded the project again. Same (MSC1 Cut)
Uploaded a new project. Same (MSC1)
Formatted the Card. Same
Checked Firmware. Same
Unplugged machine. Same

Then I loaded a project that I had cut the other day (Cut Day 1) with a 1/8 cutting and V90 with Greybeard's Text and it now asked for the 1/16 carving bit or with the down arrow asked for the 1/8 carving bit and showed the cut quality. This is new to me....

Formatted, Firmware, and uploaded again after unpluge 20 min..... SAME problem.... 1/16 Cutting bit on the brain.

Was there a change in the software I don't know about?

I got my power supply back for my extra unit but still need to put the Z encoder and power supply back in.

AL

liquidguitars
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Your projects look right..

My CW seems not to ask me for the 1/8 cutting at start up only 1/16, 1/8 carving. wondering myself if the unit can tell the dif... :o

I have a few projects that use the 1/4 bit, The CW will prompt respectably.

Lig

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 06:26 PM
What shocked me was the carving bit started doing the wood pecker to cut the cut path.... Diving deeply into the wood at the cut path. With that much side pressure I bet the 1/8 inch cut bit would snap....

Normally the cut path goes around a little at a time.

Going to put the other machine together now.

Is there something in the Designer that I may have selected, to cause this?

It's acting like my designer is doing this.

I understand you said it asked for the Carving bit... That is wrong.... Designer Wrong....

AL

liquidguitars
04-14-2007, 07:16 PM
What shocked me was the carving bit started doing the wood pecker to cut the cut path

That's right, I think it's an algorithm to clean out dust in a carved pocket or a 90 cut... I think it looks cool when it goes to work. :eek: and you normaly would not see it unless you are using a sled with carving not cutting.

Lig

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Well unit number 2 is operational and does the same thing, asking for the carving bit. Soooooo It's something I did in my software...

Why would a former good project go wrong?

Edit Still not sure on that one....

Any ideas?

AL

Can someone try this file.
This file has not been opened today in Designer. Someone load it and see if it asks for a 1/8 inch cutting bit then V60 or V90 to check depth.

If it asks for the 1/16 Carving bit something is wrong with my computer.

Thanks,

AL

Sarge
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Al, What are the holes in the letters being cut with? They are probably your cuplrit. Otherwise, I don't see an issue with it.

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 08:57 PM
I think I found my problem.... I too loaded the last file in Designer and it worked normally.... DA !!! It looks like I did something to mess up files after I cut the one from last week.....

So the last file I posted works normally and asked for the 1/8 inch cutting bit. The one that has a problem is asking for the carving bit.

The 1/8 inch is used to cut the drill holes then from the back I slip in Blue LED's and end up with a pretty Cool project.... Solar Powered LED's.

Here is the first prototype. More pictures when I am done.

So it looks like the machine is fine, I just need to understand what I did.. I did copy the cut out and paste it in the new board to make extra backs and that file had a problem too.

Thanks,

AL

liquidguitars
04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
very cool I saw your project last week and was wondering the same.

Lig

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I took the working cut out from the 105 sign and copied it and went to the non working sign and first deleted the cutout then pasted in the working cut out. Uploaded it and NO WORKEE....

For the Military Guys.... "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Over...."
What The %&#! Over......

So I posted 3 files. 1 Workee and asks for a 1/8 cutting bit.
2 No Workee and asks for the carving bit.
3 No Workee with pasted cutout from 1 into 2.

What did I do wrong with 2...?

Thanks,

AL

Another CLUE.... On the working file I select:

Stay under Rollers? No
Place where? Center
Cut to Length? No
Load 1/8 inch Cut bit.

On the one that is NOT working:

Stay under rollers? NO

Then I get a message "Press ENTER to Proceed"
Board (Back)

I hit every key and only Enter does anything.

Then I get Center and Cut board then load CARVING bit.....

What is this board back? Do I have the image on the back of the board?

Thanks,

AL

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Found it, Finally !!!!!! When I did the artwork I flipped the board and told it to carve the back to make room for the LED lights and wiring. I saw that it took 1.5 hours to cut the back recess out and thought it would save time by doing it manually.... I never took it off the artwork SO..... With this file, it was starting with the back side of the board and carving out the recess. When that was done it would have asked for the 1/8 inch cut out bit when it was darn well and ready to ask for it....

SO..... 100% USER ERROR.... You have got to be "Smarter" than the machine.....

I wasted 14 hours on this problem and your time too..... It's 1 AM.... I can go to bed now.... Got it covered......

AL

Pictures of the Manual Carve of the back....

Bill
04-15-2007, 06:10 AM
hello AL,
Excellent http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif I had been watching your post but had no suggestions for you but see you now have it straightened out. very nice.