PDA

View Full Version : Need Help again!

Dan Foster
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
We are trying to carve a project that we've done many similar to in the past. It's a design in a 4x16 board and the design is in the middle of the board, and not too big for the board. We keep getting error messages and when prompted to send the error messages to Carvewright, we can't even do that for them to help us potentially solve the problem. Error messages including x-axis, can't find board sensor error, fatal error 2, etc. I recently uploaded a similar project and attempted to run it through the machine and it keeps going through the sequence: measuring board, possible board removal, clear board sensor. We cannot carve anything with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff_Birt
04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Dan, what have you done to try and troubleshoot the problem? Let's take it one thing at a time: have you checked to see what type of reading you are gettign from your board sensor? Options -> 7, scroll to board sensor...

Cliff
04-13-2007, 03:19 PM
What is the exact thickness of the work piece (board)? My machine fights back if the board is less the 0.5 inches. I once pick up a 1/2 in board only to find it was 0.4975 inches thick and not reconized. fastened to another board for thickness and it worked fine.

Cliff

rjp736
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
If the thickness varies, it shouldn't matter. I buy 4/4 rough sawn wood and mill it down myself. Depending on what I'm doing I may leave it as much as a 1/16" thicker or thinner and I have no problems when I set the thickness in designer to 3/4" and use wood that is thicker or thinner.

RC Woodworks
04-13-2007, 10:19 PM
We are trying to carve a project that we've done many similar to in the past. It's a design in a 4x16 board and the design is in the middle of the board, and not too big for the board. We keep getting error messages and when prompted to send the error messages to Carvewright, we can't even do that for them to help us potentially solve the problem. Error messages including x-axis, can't find board sensor error, fatal error 2, etc. I recently uploaded a similar project and attempted to run it through the machine and it keeps going through the sequence: measuring board, possible board removal, clear board sensor. We cannot carve anything with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dan with my first machine I made a sign that was 1 7/8" wide by 20" long. I was having problems and I called CW. I talked to Chris Morlier and he sent to me an update for skinny boards. I have since return that machine so I no longer have the update.

I don't know if it help you or not? My lettering was only about an inch tall. I don't know if any of the software updates included this board update. Give CW a call and press 3 prompt for software, tell them what you are doing and ask them is they will e-mail the update. if that is the issue.

Rick

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
If Chris sent you the update thru e-mail then it should be still on your designer software , not the machine.

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I have been playing with my machine tonight with a bit problem and have pressed stop to then turn the machine off. When I go to upload the next project I get that same message. I selected view / send or something like that. Select each error message and select delete. I had a bunch saved up from earlier.... Hope that helps..... Just clear them from your card and see what happens next time.

AL