PDA

View Full Version : Second paid project

Sarge
04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Here it is the infamous Last Supper, 10" x 20". Peruvian Walnut, frame painted Antique Gold. First without poly, second with it. A couple coats of low gloss poly.

rjp736
04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Sarge,

That looks REALLY good. Man that Poly really made that walnut pop out. Nice touch with the gold paint. How long to carve it? I have that pattern and after seen what you did, might be carving that one real soon.

Sarge
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Rob, it took 4 hours. I cut it out by scroll saw in about 15-20 minutes. The dust from the walnut is super fine. I've got a Board Sensor Error. Gotta pull the "eye" or sensor and remove lens, clean inside.

pamjmayo
04-13-2007, 01:36 AM
This is the best one yet! Where do you buy your special wood. I can't find any in the town where I live.

leesheridan
04-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Sarge, it looks very good. Did you bevel the cutout for the frame? I under stand that there is a Woodcraft store near you. How is it? I get all of my larger exotic woods from Cook Woods in Klamath Falls. Just another reason to drive that 100 miles to take my wife to Wal-Mat.
Mike

Sarge
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks folks,
Yep, it didn't come out half bad. Mike, I did back cut it by routing with a router bit. This Peruvian Walnut routes real smooth. I get most everything except oak and pine from Woodcraft. It's just 8 miles from the house. There's also another place.....Emerson Hardwoods in Portland. I haven't checked them out yet, but soon!! http://www.emersonhardwood.com/ehc/default.asp

Pam while you're up here, Woodcraft is off of 217 on 99W in Tigard, turn left. Take a left at second light, then left and an immediate left behind McDonalds. It's on your right front.

The Emerson Hardwoods is downtown on Front Avenue.