PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft Shake

rjp736
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Anyone ever have their flexshaft shake real hard while carving. while carving the last half of my project the flexshat housing was shaking and vibrating alot, didn't sound quite right either. Grabbing the housing with my hand while it shook and it didn't stop. Never had that happen before and don't know whats causing it. Any help?

liquidguitars
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Your project needs more surface tessellation.

Try turning “Bit optimization none “on all your curent project images *.ptn and re-run.

Liq

Jeff_Birt
04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Just in case I'm not the only one who did not know what the heck tessellation meant (other than guessing by context). :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation

rgant05
04-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Jeff,
I didn't know what it was.... read wikipedia def. and still don't know what it means in this context LOL

rjp,

I'm wondering if maybe that might be a warning indication that the flexshaft might need lubing. I don't know how many hours you have on it, but regardless, if it never was lubed properly it could still need it. Check out the accepted lubes on one of the information post from CW. Also, did it get warmer than usual? I would probably try relube and make sure the the shaft is connected firmly on both ends.

Oh..... and check your tessellation also. :)

Roger

liquidguitars
04-13-2007, 01:15 AM
better:

In the subject of computer graphics, tessellation techniques are often used to manage datasets of polygons and divide them into suitable structures for rendering. Normally, at least for real-time rendering, the data is tessellated into triangles, which is sometimes referred to as triangulation. In computer-aided design, arbitrary 3D shapes are often too complicated to analyze directly. So they are divided (tessellated) into a mesh of small, easy-to-analyze pieces -- usually either irregular tetrahedrons, or irregular hexahedrons. The mesh is used for finite element analysis Some geodesic domes are designed by tessellating the sphere with triangles that are as close to equilateral triangles as possible.
well sort of...

The Bit optimization is making more chatter due to lack of detail in your design
Hence the truck jumping up and down. :) as a side note, after using bit optimization in a project, it could be better to remove the old image with a new one
and keep bit optimization to none.

Lig