PDA

View Full Version : Drifting

rjp736
04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Anyone have this problem and if so whats the fix. My projects starts cutting out fine then starts to drift off to one side. What I mean is it shifts the cutting about an 1/8" more to one side (out of the region it should be cutting) cuts about 3/8" more then shifts again another 1/8". It's keeps step cutting to one side shifting the whole carving. Called CW but they have not returned my call.

liquidguitars
04-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Jon had this prob I think.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=1738&highlight=steps

rjp736
04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Tried "bit optimization none", lubed the flexsfaft and have the same drifting problem. CW had me send them a pic of the actual board as well as the MPC. We'll see what they come up with. Thanks for your help.

benluz
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Usually if the bottom z reading wondering about is due to the z-encoder,it will look like the bit is wondering up and down on the finished carving or may start fine and the bit slowly works deeper or shallow, sometimes carving above the wood .It could be just dirt on the clear disc or it is starting to fail.I have replaced mine a couple times,These components are located on the Zmotor behind the black dust cover,it takes me about 10 minutes.Just call cw and tell them what's it's doing and they will get you the part right out.
Ben