PDA

View Full Version : Recycled Machines Fun

Skippy
04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Just recieved this email from CW:

"Dear Sir or Madam, Our records indicate that you previously registered the CarveWright or CompuCarve machine serial number AW.002.xxx. Another user is attempting to register a machine with this serial number. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact CarveWright by phone at 713-473-6572 or email at support@carvewright.com. Otherwise, no further action is required, if you have sold or returned your machine with the above serial number. Best Regards, The CarveWright Team "

I returned this machine to Sears and bought another one on the advice of The Bard after 2 months of replacing parts and checking many things.

My new machine has been even worse, I have replaced the controller and am now waiting on a memory card with zero carve time. When I called the first time about no lcd screen and told Chris "The Bard" my serial new serial number he told me the machine was a very old machine and asked where I bought it, he asked what reseller like he thought I had bought a known deader.

The new machine has a S/N of AD.003.xxx.

I was just wondering who got my old machine and if it is working for them.

Flip

I Xed out the last 3 numbers of the S/N's incase the mods think that is to much private info.:confused:

pkunk
04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't see that as a problem if you really want to find the new owner. I doubt you'll have any luck, but go fer it.!:p

DDV
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I got a machine off e-bay several weeks ago. A have had very little problems YET with it. However, I think everyone that takes a machine back to Sears should be aware that anything you put in the box will stay in the box!! This machine had the name, address, phone number, and other personal info of the other owner in the box. This machine came to me from Kansas City, Missouri. The last owner lived in Maryland and returned it on or around January 24, 2007.
DDV

RC Woodworks
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I wonder if it was sold as a new machine or refurbished? This has came up before with the issue the time usage. I remember who but they had like 24 hours on there machine,when it should be 20 minutes.

Is Sears repairing them and reselling them or is CW? Plus are they sold as refurbished or new? I might check out Sears warehouse/outlet store in Reno to see if refurbished one are for sell.

I know they are like new! :)

Gman_Ind
04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
RC, The way you go through them you should get a couple, 1 for carving and 2 spares so you can meet your deadlines.
Sorta kidding...

RC Woodworks
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I know if wasn't true it would be funnier! I am going to settle the deadline issue. It is called ShopBot! Next month I should be getting my 4896!!

Rick

goaliemom0025
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I bought my CC from Sears. The first thing I noticed after bringing it home was that there was no
clear coating on the machine. (The plastic that you are supposed to peal off before you use it.) Second, I noticed that there were scratches on the cover. As you may expect, the first time I tried to upload a design to the memory card I got an error message that told me that my Flash was damaged.
I returned the unit without a single cut to a board and will not bring another CC unit home until I open the box, and check to see if it is a new one. You guys all seem like nice folks, but I really don't want your returned CC's! :o)

Thank you for telling me that Sears leaves everything in the box...I wrote on my manual in red ink...Hey, if anyone gets it, make sure to let me know. Oh, and don't forget to return your CC back to Sears.

Skippy
04-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Pkunk
I don't see that as a problem if you really want to find the new owner. I doubt you'll have any luck, but go fer it.

Just thought this might be fun for us poor folk that have had multiple bad machines and want something to do to pass the time because we can't carve. I am on my second machine and have a total of 9 minutes of carve time, alll on the first machine.

DDV
However, I think everyone that takes a machine back to Sears should be aware that anything you put in the box will stay in the box!! This machine had the name, address, phone number, and other personal info of the other owner in the box.

Also be aware, atleast where I took my machine back to Sears, that they didn't check to see if all the parts were in the box. I kept both bits and adapters because I am going to make this machine work and noticed on this forum that getting any parts can take awhile. MY BAD
Now wish I had kept the flash card.

RC
I wonder if it was sold as a new machine or refurbished? This has came up before with the issue the time usage.

My new one even though Chris wondered appeared NEW. All of the packaging was sealed, no scratches, protective plastic on the cover, etc. I could not get a cut time as I could not get the machine to display anything except black squares. When I talked to Chris in Tech he had me flash the card and it worked for the second time in 2 days. Went to the machine and black squares. CW sent me a new controller (2 weeks wait) and same problem althought I got it to work once by holding the flash card just right in the programmer and then the same thing in the machine.
Another call to CW and talked to Diedra and she tod me I need a new Flash Card, I am still waiting for that.

goaliemom

Make sure your read my response to DDV and I blacked out all info I had put on my manual and now put it on postit notes.

To all
I do believe this was a NEW machine that had been lost in a Sears warehouse as everything was in it and all plastic bags were sealed.

And just because Pkunk said I could here is the full S/N of my first machine AW.002.768. If anyone would like let me know how it is running.

Flip