PDA

View Full Version : Instruction information

ChipperBob
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Where can I find the instructions for using the Attach, Break, and Change form icons that are listed under the Utility pull down menu?

pkunk
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Exactly what program & where are you talking about? Utility ?? pull down menue. ?

Charles M
04-11-2007, 01:56 PM
ChipperBob,

Break allows you to cut a path at the point where you click. Change forms is used on the points to change them from angular to curved or vice versa. I haven't figured out what the Attach tool does yet.

Edit: Actually the Make spline is the one I was thinking of for Change Form. I haven't figured out the Change Form yet either.

Paul,

These are in the Utility Toolbar

Charles M
04-11-2007, 02:30 PM
ChipperBob,

I think I may have them figured out:

The Change Form tool will let you grab the mid point of a line segment and drag a straight line into a curve or reshape a curve.

Attach Tool lets you create an attachment (set an absolute distance from the edge or one of the crosshairs for a point or midpoint. With this tool, click on the point you want to attached then move the cursor toward the edge you want to attach it to and it will make a yellow line in that direction with a distance value filled in (that you can change if needed).