PDA

View Full Version : Name That Part

Cliff
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
One again it’s time for our favorite game! “Name That Part. This small part hales from the south west lower quadrant of Carvewright country as seen from the keypad. Feeling the pressure it decided to relocate. Caused by the assembly plant over tightening the screw that held it in place forcing it to pop through the plastic.
If you know of its’ former location can you provide directions to the quickest route to restore it to its home?

Short version: It fell off, where and how do I put it back?

Cliff

meat
04-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I name it "Bob."

Your pal,
Meat.

Jon Jantz
04-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm gonna name it Mr. Ree Part.

Kenm810
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Anything but Sue :p

Bill
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Seeing as you found it, why not call it " Cliff " http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

RC Woodworks
04-11-2007, 12:56 PM
One again it’s time for our favorite game! “Name That Part. This small part hales from the south west lower quadrant of Carvewright country as seen from the keypad. Feeling the pressure it decided to relocate. Caused by the assembly plant over tightening the screw that held it in place forcing it to pop through the plastic.
If you know of its’ former location can you provide directions to the quickest route to restore it to its home?

Short version: It fell off, where and how do I put it back?

Cliff

Cliff, you say it came off the key board or inside the machine? I am trying to help you besides naming it. If you let us know exactly where it came from one of us might be able to help.

Rick

Cliff
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
From the inside, was picked up during cleaning, far back left keyboard side. You can tell it was held on by a screw that was to tight an popped through. could be as simple as a dust dam. don't recall anything like it on the sandpaper roller assembly. the curved section fits well around one of the columns diameters just enough to make the puzzle confussing. The screw would have been installed from inside the cap making me think it might have been an overhang shield or a dam on the bottom level to restrict dust flow. It would be nice to have an exploded parts view for cases like this.

You can submit a name if you wish.
The design and construction of the part suggest it not work stopping critical.

Cliff

RC Woodworks
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Cliff, I wonder if it came off the squaring plate or near it?

Cliff
04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks fot the input.

The squaring plate look in good shape with no know missing parts. The endcap to the board tracking sensor is there. I wonder if this is the results of a black hole exit where someone lost something through the famous black hole (every shop has one) and it ended up on this end. Truely a mystery part.

Cliff

Dan-Woodman
04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
It kinda looks to me like part of the dust collection tubing for the sencers.
Remove the top and follow the dust collecter tube from the motor to the sensor by the keypad.

Cliff
04-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks

One of the first sections I checked with an inspection mirror and physical touch, it's fully operational. It is the one that has the deflector at the end to blow air across the bits path?

I think I'll call it Chevy. You always end up with extra parts that you have no clue where they go.

If no one has run across this in the exploration of their machine, I not going to put high importance on it and we can let this thread die out and move on to more fun things.

Thanks You All for the assist.

Cliff

sundog2001
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Cliff, I had the same part fall off while I was replacing the cables to the keypad from the controller. I never figured out where it went.

I have a couple of other items I never identified, also. I believe all are dust protectors of some kind.

So far, my machine operation has not been affected.

Let me know if you find a spot for it.

Cliff
04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
No luck yet an may never figure out where it came from. You are right that most parts that fall off are part of the dust protection system, most from the back of motors. This part is from the general area of the keypad ribon but the exact location and orientation remains a mystery.

Thanks

Cliff

bobi
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
No luck yet an may never figure out where it came from. You are right that most parts that fall off are part of the dust protection system, most from the back of motors. This part is from the general area of the keypad ribon but the exact location and orientation remains a mystery.

Thanks

Cliff

There is a plastic piece that looks somewhat like that which is holding down the ribbon cable after it leaves the keypad and goes down under the left hand drive belt. Look like to hold the ribbon cable down and away from sharp edges.

Cliff
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Thank you
Yes that is still there. The interesting curve of the mystery part got my attention as it conforms to the outer columns but has no place to attach.

Cliff

Kenm810
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I started to set up a project a few minutes ago and found this part sitting on the traction sand belt. Any hints where it belongs other then inside the machine, - this I know:confused:

Jeff_Birt
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
It's the rear dest cover to one of the motors, probably Z or Y axis. You can stick it back on with a bit of silicone RTV.

Kenm810
04-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Jeff Birt,

Thanks for the supper quick reply, I've never seen one off before.

Thanks Again