PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3d deer

natman
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I got the standing deer from vector art3D and was playing around with it...Is there any way to carve the deer without having a feather around it...Im trying to just have the deer protuding from the flat of the board and not recessed...When I select no feather it is still recessed into the board...Does what I'm saying make sense

Cliff
04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Not sure but try creating a carving region on the board with the rectangle tool and set the depth of the carved area.

cajunpen
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Natman, yes, you can carve any object and have it stand proud of the surface. You simply place your object>draw a circle, oval, square or rectangle around it>and select Region from the toolbar (should be a button on the left side). You can also select the feathering that you like for your region - just play with the feathering feature to get the look that you like.

HandTurnedMaple
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Which style of pattern did you get? Style C will always have a feather, its part of the pattern. And Style B is a dished format, so it will always have a dished-style feather around it.

natman
04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I got it now...Looks real good..I got the styleA 3D model..I'm making custom bow and arrow racks and the deer and maybe turkey will be used for the door on the front....As soom as I can get my digital camera up and running again I'll take pictures of it and post it on here They are big cabinets measuring 40inches by 36 inches with a door in the bottom..My first one I did was 2D deer on each end and 3 gobblers in 2D in the middle of the door...