PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

ljdm
04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey everybody...
Just a warning, going to be picking your brains as much as you allow! Just got my CC yesterday (Good News). Just got out of the hospital from back surgery day before(Bad News!). Trying to fight the urge to go out and use it NOW, but got to agree with my better half (wife), not the best idea this soon. Anyway, can't wait to try out alot of ideas I came up with while waiting for delivery. BTW, joined Craftsman Club (free) from Sears, saved 200.00 off price of CC. Will search forum for tips, etc, looking for best ways to carve from photos, so any pointers greatly appreciated.

Hexe SA
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Got mine last week and haven't stopped carving since. I have researched alot on this web site prior and most of your questions are already answered plus lots of awesome designs to be had. Not enough time to buy more wood I'll send my husband for wood and food, so I can continue carving. The only thing I haven't figured out is to skip work.

Cliff
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Don't know but your welcome to try, some of us have sawdust for brains. First advise is read, read, read, the manual and this forum. if there is something specific then run a search. If all else fails ask.

ljdm
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Looking for tips, techniques, methods, etc - want to take photos and use them make fairly good quality carvings. Just importing a jpg or gif doesn't seem to give best results. Seems like I have make a pattern file for best 3D looking carvings of photos - people, animals, etc. Just got a copy of Corel X3, have PaintShop. Can use Adobe if needed, but, need a tutorial, or some type of directions. Not That I'm lazy, just want to avoid SOME of the learning time involved. Thanks in advance for any info